New Bridgestone Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turiroc

Reaction score
Just wanted to share with everyone my experience thus far on Bridgestone Dueller Alenza Plus 255/55/19. Did a lot of research prior to deciding on these and initially wanted Firestone Destination ST which had great reviews on Tirerack but I couldn't find them.

Dealer tried getting me into Michelins, Pirelli and Hankook which I think were all overpriced. I chose the Bridgestone and after 500 miles I am very happy. Much smoother and quieter than the Pirelli scorpions that I had on before. Not bad either for $860 installed with 80k mile rating, 5yr Road Hazard, Nitrogen fill and lifetime rotation and balance.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to share with everyone my experience thus far on Bridgestone Dueller Alenza Plus 255/55/19.

Thanks for the recommendation. I just got back from a stop at my local LR indie shop. I have a slow leak in my left rear tire and when they checked it they noted that it was leaking at the site of a previous interior patch (not plug) job and that they would not be able to safely repair it. Therefore I'll need a new tire and to keep things matched I'll get 2.

My guy highly recommended the Bridgestone model you mentioned as well as Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus, but he said that as far as bang for the buck, they liked the B'stones.

Now I'm going to sift through zillions of forum threads on LR4 tires until my eyes glaze over and I probably wind up ordering the Bridgestones. :biggrin:

Chris

avus9

Reaction score
Interestingly enough, I too just recently switched. I went from the O.E. Pirelli Scorpions Zero to the Bridgestone Alenza Plus in the 255/55/20 size.
Sure, I lost the Y speed rating -- down to V rating, but the added smoothness, quietness and much higher mileage wear rating (the Pirelli only lasted 24k) are the perfect trade-offs.

Keep in mind that the Bridgestones also have a 30-day 'test-drive' period. If you don't like them, you can exchange/return them back to the Firestone/Bridgestone store - no questions asked.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA