Navigation update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd mention that I performed the 2015 Navigation Data update on my 2013. The required USB stick just became available on HERE's - formerly known as Navteq - web site for $200. Other than updated POIs and streets / maps, no changes to report. I was kinda hoping the update would get rid of the "Agree" nag screen that pops up when you enter Navigation like on the 2014 loaners I drove recently, but no such luck. Everything seems to be just about as speedy / slow as before. I hear that owners of 2012s may see some noticeable speed improvements in their interface, but on my 2013 I haven't experienced any. Bummer.

The update takes a long time to complete, 2 hours and change, but you can perform it in stages since the process will resume from where it left off if you turn off the ignition and then restart it. You will lose the use of phone, entertainment system and, of course, navigation during the data upload. And you need to follow the instructions to the letter, particularly the part at the end that says you should turn off the engine and wait at least 15 minutes before restarting.

Last edited:

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Answered my own question ;)
Thank you

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Axel, don't know what the question was... :wink:, but I forgot to mention that the USB stick update only works for MY2012-14s. 2010 and 11s need to visit the dealer to receive the update.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 and 11s need to visit the dealer to receive the update.

Now you answered MY question (although I researched it for myself after seeing your original post). Any idea if indy shops can do this navi update or is it exclusive to dealers? My next research project...

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt an indy shop would have purchased the necessary FireWire "special tool" (aka external hard drive...) required to upload the data, or even if Land Rover would license such a tool to a non-authorized dealer or repair shop. It doesn't hurt to ask your trusty indies in the area, but I am afraid the answer is probably going to be "Dealer only".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV