Tactical 4x4 sliders - mud flap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone considered or fit a mud flap to the front wheels with the Tactical 4x4 sliders? Was mounting mine last night, previously I had the Terrfirma slider which accommodates the rover factory mud flap. Looks like that's not an option without getting crafty with a hot knife and plastic, which I predict could either look good, or ruin the factory flaps depending on my level of skill.

Has anyone considered or seen a mud flap fit to the Tactical sliders? Snow/salt season is approaching for me and I really like the flaps, they do a great job of cutting down on spray down the exterior of the truck and I like the look.

Thanks!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know Michal just had some installed on his LR4, along with the Kaymar and long-range fuel tank! :)

I know they were NOT OEM and our buddy just drilled them on and cut them a bit.

I ordered OEM rear flaps, but not doing front - maybe Michal can chime in on how they were installed?

In other news, I now have the rear Kaymar, new Baja rack (custom ordered), and long-range fuel tank for my LR4 - all ordered or arrived and need to be installed. LOL!

michal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know Michal just had some installed on his LR4, along with the Kaymar and long-range fuel tank! :)

I know they were NOT OEM and our buddy just drilled them on and cut them a bit.

I ordered OEM rear flaps, but not doing front - maybe Michal can chime in on how they were installed?

In other news, I now have the rear Kaymar, new Baja rack (custom ordered), and long-range fuel tank for my LR4 - all ordered or arrived and need to be installed. LOL!

We did instal the rear mud flaps only. A biiig pain in ...... :( It is just hard to fit them as the inner fenders do expand over time and nothing aligns....

Yep - I am officially patient no 1: Long Range Automotive Aux tank installed and working..... It took us a week!!!! I post send some pics over the weekend

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We did instal the rear mud flaps only. A biiig pain in ...... :( It is just hard to fit them as the inner fenders do expand over time and nothing aligns....

Yep - I am officially patient no 1: Long Range Automotive Aux tank installed and working..... It took us a week!!!! I post send some pics over the weekend
I am patient #2 after Michal, but hopefully our buddy will knock mine off in a day with me helping.

My tank should arrive next week. :)

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A week to install the tank? Please post up any advice. I'm probably going to tackle mine soon.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If installing the rear mud flaps is a pita with warped rear fenders, does anyone think it'd be easy on a new my14?

I'm getting a set from a local dealer next week, I keep hearing the fronts are an easy install but not the rears.

I'm leaning towards having the dealer install the rears and I'll do the fronts, but if the fronts re a relatively easy install on a new vehicle I might give it a shot.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A week to install the tank? Please post up any advice. I'm probably going to tackle mine soon.
I don't think it will take that long, it's just our buddy who did the install had to come up with a way to not use any of the kit stuff they provided. Michal can go into more detail about the work around and provide photos, but I know he did not use the weird kit, as it was clearly meant for a diesel and just did not seem to fit properly.

From what I can gather, and Michal can chime in, the install now won't take a week at all. I have the tank and hoping my buddy and I can do it in a day or two.

I am going to help him and will take lots of photos and post step-by-step. Just need to figure out when we will install my roof rack, gas tank, and Kaymar, and then build my swing away. Phew!

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, definitely very interested then on what you guys end up doing in lieu of the kit. Take pics and part numbers!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA