LR4 sales are on a tear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neezer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The April 2016 sales figures are in: 987 LR4's sold in America.

That's the 4th highest monthly sales figure in the model's history (after #1 March '16, #2 Dec '15, and #3 Feb '16).

Same story for our Canadian neighbors up north: Last month's sales (73) was the 3rd highest in history, after March '16 (an absolute blockbuster month for both countries in sales, no doubt boosted by big incentives to do so by JLR, and this explains the super extra sweet deal I did on 3/31) and July 2015 in second place:

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/land-rover-lr4-sales-figures.html

Get 'em while you still can, forum lurkers :biggrin::hello:

neezer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, those days had much cheaper gas, and much less competition.

Also, when I said "in history for the model" I meant LR4, meaning sales prior to 2010 MY don't count. :biggrin: Just clarifying...

Anyhow, speaking of, 2015 was pretty darn good with over 9000 sold, and guess what: April 2016 YTD is up 56.5% vs April 2015 YTD, meaning that apples to apples, 2016 (if they were to end up selling LR4s which is unlikely due to a gap in manufacturing as they shift to the all-new model production) will yield ... gasp... 16-17K potentially? Or I should say "realistically hypothetically" ;)

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2016/05/april-2016-ytd-usa-suv-crossover-sales-by-model.html

Last edited:

neezer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder what Lexus is doing to boost sales so darn much for their aging expensive dinosaur LX570...crazy YTD increase for that model...

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SUV sales across the board have steadily increased as fuel prices stabilized and recently decreased.

We love our big rigs here in the US! If fuel gets north of $3.00/gal, SUV sales will go down again.

jettore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the upcoming body style change might be bumping up sales also. It worked for us at least. My wife loves the body style and has been wanting one for a few years. The "fear" of what the changes might be for the future model motivated us to get a 2016 before it would be too late.

green750one

Reaction score
SUV sales across the board have steadily increased as fuel prices stabilized and recently decreased.

We love our big rigs here in the US! If fuel gets north of $3.00/gal, SUV sales will go down again.
I'd love to pay $3 a gallon. Over here in the UK we pay around $6!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

neezer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to pay $3 a gallon. Over here in the UK we pay around $6!

Yes, but you've had good diesel choices for all the models since day 1! So that pretty much cancels out any advantage across the pond :)

StillDisco

Reaction score
I got a pretty good deal on mine for sure, and I'm just another statistic.

One factor motivating me was the imminent release of the LR5. I imagine the crossover-look is encouraging others to buy now as opposed to wait and see what comes next. I'm not concerned that my '16 LR4 will look dated too soon; I think it'll probably just continue to look more badass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV