2015 LR4 Car and Driver article

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They simply need to make those figures standard across all models.

No doubt the EPA and current emission standards governs their MPG averages across the entire fleet. They simply cant make those kind of numbers across the board work.

I would have bought one though!

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dilemma over. This past weekend I bought a used 2013 LR4 to replace the LR3. Thankfully I found one with 13K miles and a CPO warranty. As much as I wanted to buy a new LR4, the SC6, eco stop, rotary shift and running boards weren't for me.

If I never drove a 2013, it would have been easy to go from an LR3 to a 2015 LR4. But every time I had a 2014 loaner LR4 while the LR3 was being repaired, I just knew that I liked our 2013 better.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dilemma over. This past weekend I bought a used 2013 LR4 to replace the LR3. Thankfully I found one with 13K miles and a CPO warranty. As much as I wanted to buy a new LR4, the SC6, eco stop, rotary shift and running boards weren't for me.

If I never drove a 2013, it would have been easy to go from an LR3 to a 2015 LR4. But every time I had a 2014 loaner LR4 while the LR3 was being repaired, I just knew that I liked our 2013 better.

WTG on the score. Is it the one that is 1100 miles away? Are you shipping it or is this a great excuse for an awesome road trip/shakedown cruise? Either way, congrats. :beer:

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to ship it and it will arrive tomorrow. I figured the $800 shipping cost was nearly the same as a 1-way flight, hotel, gas & tolls. Not to mention dealing with local traffic in Chicago and Boston.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Damn. Damn, damn, damn. :) Just when I think I have finally made up my mind (after going back and forth a million times) for a replacement SCV6 for my NAV8, I read posts likes these I am back to the dilemma :)

Congrates on your find and purchase. Question for you though, would you have preferred TDV6 if it were offered here in the states? Keep in mind that the TDV6 has considerable low horse power even with that high 440 lb/ft torque I think. I wonder how the overall driving experience would have been compared to NAV8.

I just came back from a road trip to vegas, and parts of the highway 15 elevate has high as 4700 ft, so I certainly was making use of all those reduced-in-number due to elevation, remaining horses that were left to me.

I guess my dream motor for LR4 would be the TDV8 once offered in the Vogue trim of range rover in europe. This motor with 512 lb/ft of torque at only 1500 rpm would have been an absolute perfect match for this 6000 lb heavy and solid beast. But I think that engine may have been built by Ford so in terms of that buttery smoothness of the NAV8 (and SCV6 as well) that we all have been so spoiled by, I am not sure how it would compare to the NAV8/SCV6.

I can at least dream, right? Or maybe I'll call the SVO division and let them know that there are guys out there willing to "PAY" for such a version of LR4 if they ever built one. I bet if they built even 100 of those, they will get snagged up pretty damn quick (maybe time to start another thread.

Last edited:

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No thanks on the TDV6. Up in VT in February (it was -20 with a -45 wind chill) I watched as Q7 TDI owners had starting issues. And thankfully my gas is billed to a company credit card so mileage isn't a concern.

I did a lot of searching to find a good used 2013 LR4 HSE-LUX. If you want to replace your LR4 with a 2013 HSE-LUX LR4 with 6400 miles that I didn't buy, I can tell you where to find it.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No thanks on the TDV6. Up in VT in February (it was -20 with a -45 wind chill) I watched as Q7 TDI owners had starting issues. And thankfully my gas is billed to a company credit card so mileage isn't a concern.

I did a lot of searching to find a good used 2013 LR4 HSE-LUX. If you want to replace your LR4 with a 2013 HSE-LUX LR4 with 6400 miles that I didn't buy, I can tell you where to find it.

Interesting, never thought of the cold weather situation for diesel as I really thought that it was a thing of the past, I guess not.

Thanks for referring to that '13 LR4 LUX, I really would like to purchase a new vehicle for various reasons. Just curious though what they are asking for it, if you know?

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious what they are asking for it too! Although my guess is that it's over my price range. Thought these things used to depreciate...

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2013 HSE LUX with 6500 miles is $55K. Not bad considering a 2015 HSE LUX with similar options is at least $65K. It's black with a black interior and has the vision assist package. And you get a 4-year 100K mile warranty as well. It's at Knauz Land Rover in Chicago, same dealer I got mine from.

Last edited:

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2013 HSE LUX with 6500 miles is $55K. Not bad considering a 2015 HSE LUX with similar options is at least $65K. It's black with a black interior and has the vision assist package. And you get a 4-year 100K mile warranty as well. It's at Knauz Land Rover in Chicago, same dealer I got mine from.

All of the prices are being supported by low volumes of new cars and continued strong demand. One of the major reasons we went with a new '15 was the (my view) absurd prices '12s and '13s were selling for. A 2-3 year old car selling for ~90% of its MSRP when new is far too expensive and not sustainable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV