LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, that does look like the petro station where we filled up our rent a racecar after running 22 laps on the ring. That's about all I can say about it.

k-lr

Reaction score
I'll have to see how it is outfitted, but I may buy the Land Rover Discovery 5 Ford Explorer Edition.

They hopefully got a lot of feedback from the previews last year and incorporated some of that. And I'm sure we're not the only ones who pointed out it looks more common and less Land Rovery...

Land Rover Discovery 5 Ford Explorer Edition. ....:rofl:

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just not excited about the LR5. That is why I wanted to get the LR4 before they were changed. I know the technology, fuel economy, weight, etc will be great but it will just not be a "Discovery" anymore.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure what they are trying to do on the ring with that thing. Holy crap, I hope they are not suggesting it has any performance abilities on the track. Take a look at this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Ib2nAw8RI

This is how a performance sport ute is suppose to look on the ring. Notice the lack of body roll and the ease at which the cayenne enters and exits the corners compared to the LR5 that is basically being man handled around the ring much like you'd pull a pit bull tied to the back of a motorcycle through a back yard full of cats.

Geez louise, I hope JLR is not thinking they have a competitive vehicle of the higher performance SUVs. They mentioned X5, but I just don't see it. Not sure the LR4 would look any worse forcing it through the turns at the ring.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not surprised. It seems every new SUV, regardless of manufacturer, is being tested on the 'ring these days. Even non-performance ones need to, you know, stay planted on their four wheels during spirited driving, that's how these vehicles get measured and compared when tested by magazines and the media in general. Few people are interested in off-road prowess, transfer cases and wheel articulation anymore, the average customer wants to know how quick they can go to 60, how many G's they can pull, how many feet it takes them to stop, how many kids they can fit behind the driver... It's kinda ridiculous but that's the way it is, the S trumps the U in an SUV.

Last edited:

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not surprised. It seems every new SUV, regardless of manufacturer, is being tested on the 'ring these days. Even non-performance ones need to, you know, stay planted on their four wheels during spirited driving, that's how these vehicles get measured and compared when tested by magazines and the media in general. Few people are interested in off-road prowess, transfer cases and wheel articulation anymore, the average customer wants to know how quick they can go to 60, how many G's they can pull, how many feet it takes them to stop, how many kids they can fit behind the driver... It's kinda ridiculous but that's the way it is, the S trumps the U in an SUV.

true dat

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They lose the tailgate in the rear and they won't have me come back for another one. Wife's X5 has the tailgate and we love it. One of the thing that brought me to the LR4 and one of the things I miss the most.

Seems silly and small but its a nice feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV