So I took my LR4 Off Roading.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ggms16

Reaction score
My first post on this site, not necessarily a newbie on this forum thing, though.

I own this LR4 since 2012, she's a 2010 LR4 HSE Lux, bought it with 30k miles and now has 70k. Not a single issue other than some minor electronic glitches that go away after a restart.

Last week my best friend who owns a Raptor invited me to go off roading, I immediately accepted and got some all terrain tires for my LR4, I have gone off road many times before on different trucks, but this one was special..

I cannot believe how capable this machine is, it doesn't look as fearsome as a Raptor, or a Wrangler Rubicon, it doesn't scream OFF ROAD, no it won't take the comfort out either just because it is a capable off road vehicle.

We went to Ocala Off Road Park last Monday and it rained the night before, the park was totally muddy and I can say it is a very tough off road place, well, this truck handled it all with extreme ease, it made it look simple and I actually had to get my buddy on the raptor unstuck a couple times, the raptor got stuck on areas were the LR4 didn't even seem to care.

Deep mud, not-too-deep not-too-shallow river crossing, steep muddy climbs, rock crawling, etc.

I do not have the rear locker, I never needed it either, the software that controls the traction is unbelievable. Very nice Land Rover, I love my LR4 even more now.

The only thing I didn't like? Cleaning it later...

IMG_9382.jpg

IMG_9383.jpg

IMG_9385.jpg

IMG_9386.jpg

IMG_9387.jpg

jbennett111

Reaction score
What tires are you running on what size rims?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ggms16

Reaction score
These last ones were actually in Extended off road height, after a very tough climb, she let me raise it a little bit more.

IMG_9391.jpg

IMG_9392.jpg

IMG_9394.jpg

jbennett111

Reaction score
Were you happy with the traction? How are they in normal driving?

ggms16

Reaction score
Were you happy with the traction? How are they in normal driving?

Absolutely happy, the traction is impressive.

They are a bit noisy at 50mph, at 70 you won't notice any difference.

At 50 they are just a tad bit noisy, nothing that will bother you but not as quiet as before.

jbennett111

Reaction score
Going to get a price tomorrow! 2007 LR3 lost driver side heated seat at 98k. Had to replace power window switches. All good at 107k

jbennett111

Reaction score
Do you have the Johnny joints to lift?

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice post. I want to see some videos if you have any.

Thanks,

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72