Last date to custom order a 2016 LR4 thru dealership?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xavier4or

Reaction score
Anyone know the rough timing when the LR dealerships will stop taking orders?

My local LR salesman stated now - but I didn't quite trust him. ;)

Thanks!

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the options are limited. You can still order but some colors are no longer available as well as option package/combinations.

I wouldn't wait any longer.

Forty Deuce

Reaction score
I ordered my 2016.5 HSE Silver Edition on February 9th. I was told then that the LR4 was nearing the end of production and custom orders would end before the end of the year.
I'm lucky in that I have six Land Rover dealerships within about an hour or less drive. Two told me they would take an order for a deposit ($1K and $5K respectively) and two were willing to order my LR4 immediately. (One salesman at one dealership even told me the LR4 was no longer made and they were only going to sell off remaining stock as it trickled in and custom orders were no longer available the same week I ordered mine.) My point is, is that there was a wide range of answers and plenty of disinformation about. The salesman I eventually selected to do business with was very knowledgable and seemed to have a better grasp of the Land Rover product line than most of the others I had met.

If you can get in and get your ordered soon you come out ahead because they are lumping options in the models. I priced my model out (pre-Silver/Landmark models) and ordered it a short while later after Land Rover announced the 2016.5 production run. Options like the upgraded Meridian sound system, XM/Sirus Radio, InControl Apps, and the vision package were all now standard options. I went from a HSE model with about half the available options to an HSE Silver with all the option packages for a $700 difference. What a great time to be in the market for a LR4!

neezer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my 2016.5 HSE Silver Edition on February 9th. I was told then that the LR4 was nearing the end of production and custom orders would end before the end of the year.
I'm lucky in that I have six Land Rover dealerships within about an hour or less drive. Two told me they would take an order for a deposit ($1K and $5K respectively) and two were willing to order my LR4 immediately. (One salesman at one dealership even told me the LR4 was no longer made and they were only going to sell off remaining stock as it trickled in and custom orders were no longer available the same week I ordered mine.) My point is, is that there was a wide range of answers and plenty of disinformation about. The salesman I eventually selected to do business with was very knowledgable and seemed to have a better grasp of the Land Rover product line than most of the others I had met.

If you can get in and get your ordered soon you come out ahead because they are lumping options in the models. I priced my model out (pre-Silver/Landmark models) and ordered it a short while later after Land Rover announced the 2016.5 production run. Options like the upgraded Meridian sound system, XM/Sirus Radio, InControl Apps, and the vision package were all now standard options. I went from a HSE model with about half the available options to an HSE Silver with all the option packages for a $700 difference. What a great time to be in the market for a LR4!

Deuce that's right, the Silver and Landmarks are great values, because yeah I was contemplating a white on black Silver one (2016.5) with the same options as a 2016 HSE one that was optioned pretty much the same, and the Silver one despite having more things, was priced LESS (MSRP)! Actually the 2016 car with higher MSRP doesn't have InControl Apps nor Vision Assist pack! Alas, I picked the non-Silver edition one, because I preferred the almond/arabic interior of the other (the silver edition car had a black interior) and also, because I was leasing, the money factors and depreciation schedules were superior for the 2016 vs the 2016.5 Silver one, for whatever reason. It made enough difference on the lease that it had to be a no brainer.

I only wish I had the wheels of the Silver Edition car ;-) Alas, I guess the 19" on my car will provide a bit better ride, a bit better mpg, and cheaper to replace tires. :biggrin: Those Silver wheels do look darn cool though! :bandit:

xavier4or

Reaction score
Hi Folks - I can confirm LR is still taking custom orders for LR4 as of 4/9/16 - at least for the LR4 Landmark edition. That is the good news...

Unfortunately I got into a separate LR dealer issue that I will start a new thread on it that stopped me from place an order. Argh...

Forty Deuce

Reaction score
I just spoke to a salesman yesterday who told me that he has been advised the last day they would be taking custom build orders for an LR4 was 4/23/2016. He was unsure if that was a Land Rover decision or his individual dealership but it was a cast in stone date as far as he had been informed.

StillDisco

Reaction score
The dealership I'm buying from couldn't get me a custom truck, but could divert incoming models to come to them. I think they are all HSE Silvers and Landmarks at this point.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local dealer stated that he has until mid May to change the details on 2 rigs coming into him. After that it is done - according to him. This is the person who actually orders the vehicles so he probably knows best.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local dealer stated that he has until mid May to change the details on 2 rigs coming into him. After that it is done - according to him. This is the person who actually orders the vehicles so he probably knows best.

Today I talked to the dealer to order my custom LR4 and they stated that LR, out of the blue, moved the lock date to last Saturday and that there are no more changes or no more ordering of the LR4. What they have and are getting is it. They do not have or are getting what I want so I will probably stick with my BMW for now and do something else.

Are most LR dealers this way? They just never seem to want to sell a car. Seem unlike other luxury lines I have bought or shopped at.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
C'mon, hasn't this impending phaseout been common knowledge for months? And let's be honest, Hayseed, haven't you been kicking tires for nearly a year?:creep:

Who knows, you might like the new style!:biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72