Last date to custom order a 2016 LR4 thru dealership?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
C'mon, hasn't this impending phaseout been common knowledge for months? And let's be honest, Hayseed, haven't you been kicking tires for nearly a year?:creep:

Who knows, you might like the new style!:biggrin:

The pending phaseout has been known for more than months - that is not the point. When a dealer states on Wednesday that I have a couple weeks and then closes it 3 days later without even a courtesy call, that is just poor customer service.

It hasn't been one year. I looked at the LR4 last summer for a couple weeks and then went with the X5. Just started looking again a couple months ago. The salesman has been clear for some time now that we would not do anything until the end of April. He knew that we were trading in the X5 and paying cash for difference.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pending phaseout has been known for more than months - that is not the point. When a dealer states on Wednesday that I have a couple weeks and then closes it 3 days later without even a courtesy call, that is just poor customer service.

It hasn't been one year. I looked at the LR4 last summer for a couple weeks and then went with the X5. Just started looking again a couple months ago. The salesman has been clear for some time now that we would not do anything until the end of April. He knew that we were trading in the X5 and paying cash for difference.

Gotcha. Either way, sorry it didn't work out.

So-- what's left on your short list of LR4 alternatives?

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Short list is to get another X5 (or X6), XC90, or Yukon Denali. I know, apples to bananas to oranges...

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am impressed with what I've read and seen about the Volvo. We had an XC90 nearly 10 years ago. This new version is a serious (and spendy) update.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Short list is to get another X5 (or X6), XC90, or Yukon Denali. I know, apples to bananas to oranges...

Can't really go wrong with any of these. My biggest concern would be 1st year reliability with the XC90 (all new design, tech and company owner) but it looks nice. Four banger nothing to get excited about, though, even with the hybrid version. X5 is solid but everywhere... The Denali, I am surprised how much I liked it when I drove one. Much larger than the LR, but incredibly quiet and solid. I don't care for the styling but a solid driver. If you really want an LR4, just buy one off the lot, plenty to choose from. Ever consider a Merc GL?

FWIW, I recently ordered a car from Porsche and the moved the lock date up by 6 weeks without notice to the dealer or me. It does happen when they try to keep up utilization of the factories, and schedules change constantly. I wouldn't hold that against the dealer.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn all of you... :biggrin:

The dealerr had an lr4 in Stock but not my first choice in color. But you are right in that I need to quit kicking tires. So I pulled trigger and pick up tomorrow.
2016 Landmark in Yukon white with black interior
HD pack
Adaptive cruise
Tow pack
Wood wheel
Etc
Basically everything except RSE

Think made a decent deal where neither stole anything. Also threw in tinting front windows.

Will post pics

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The dealerr had an lr4 in Stock but not my first choice in color. But you are right in that I need to quit kicking tires. So I pulled trigger and pick up tomorrow.
HD pack
Adaptive cruise
Tow pack
Wood wheel
Etc

Think made a decent deal where neither stole anything. Also threw in tinting front windows.

Will post pics

Fantastic and :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: !!!

Sounds gorgeous and can't wait to see it. I personally love my ebony interior. Very masculine and timeless.

I will think of you as I road trip from DC to Boston on Friday in my LR4. Here's to the Landys!

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score

HD pack
Adaptive cruise
Tow pack
Wood wheel
Etc

Will post pics

Solid build.

I am opposite of you and missing my X5 50i over my LR4 as more time goes on. I find myself off-roading less and less and the X5 delivers on-road better by just about every possible measure. The electronics in the X5 as a whole seem like 2-3 generations ahead of LR, despite my X5 was older (2012). I had a ride in my friend's 2015 (new gen) X5 and it just doesn't even compare. I have the X5 itch again.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Solid build.

I am opposite of you and missing my X5 50i over my LR4 as more time goes on. I find myself off-roading less and less and the X5 delivers on-road better by just about every possible measure. The electronics in the X5 as a whole seem like 2-3 generations ahead of LR, despite my X5 was older (2012). I had a ride in my friend's 2015 (new gen) X5 and it just doesn't even compare. I have the X5 itch again.

Have approx 200 miles now and love it. It fits me and my driving more than the X5. The X5 had more power and the iDrive (best UI in the business). Other than that I would still pick the LR4. It rides so much better on road - it may have been my tires and such on my X5 but it was smooth in a rough noisy way. The stereo in the LR4 is leaps above the HK in the X5. The LR4 UI is not as bad as the reviews state but it does have a ways to go to keep up with some of the better ones out there.

Now, if they could just put a power liftgate...

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have approx 200 miles now and love it. It fits me and my driving more than the X5. The X5 had more power and the iDrive (best UI in the business). Other than that I would still pick the LR4. It rides so much better on road - it may have been my tires and such on my X5 but it was smooth in a rough noisy way. The stereo in the LR4 is leaps above the HK in the X5. The LR4 UI is not as bad as the reviews state but it does have a ways to go to keep up with some of the better ones out there.

Now, if they could just put a power liftgate...

For sure the X5 is a lot harsher ride to act as sporty as possible. BMW have this stupid idea with run flat tires as standard, which makes the ride that much harsher. LR4 on air suspension is definitely a lot more cushy! When I changed my LR4 to 18" wheels and tires, it became even softer and more pleasant. The standard 19" wheels doesn't leave much for sidewalls.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut