Picking up new LR4--what should I know?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pickup is an EXTREMELY important process. Usually you are super excited and look over some stuff.

I buy many new cars. I am going to link a checklist I made specifically for delivery items. While its not for the LR4 it will help you stay focused on the delivery process.
Please don't forget to use it.

Why?
Let me give you my example:

My 2016 LR4 had
  • Chipped WIndow
  • Front trim had razor cuts
  • Paint had razor cuts
  • Hitch receiver had broken key
  • chipped paint on side mirror

So you really need to spend about 30 minutes going through the exterior/interior to make sure you are getting a car that is suitable for delivery.

Here is a checklist - use it. its for a Q50s I own, but look for the same things.
Delivery Checklist Here!

Last edited:

StillDisco

Reaction score
pickup is an EXTREMELY important process. Usually you are super excited and look over some stuff.

I buy many new cars. I am going to link a checklist I made specifically for delivery items. While its not for the LR4 it will help you stay focused on the delivery process.
Please don't forget to use it.

Why?
Let me give you my example:

My 2016 LR4 had
  • Chipped WIndow
  • Front trim had razor cuts
  • Paint had razor cuts
  • Hitch receiver had broken key
  • chipped paint on side mirror

So you really need to spend about 30 minutes going through the exterior/interior to make sure you are getting a car that is suitable for delivery.

Here is a checklist - use it. its for a Q50s I own, but look for the same things.
Delivery Checklist Here!

Thanks for the advice, I will keep this in mind. The salesman is a friend of mine so I'm sure I'll feel comfortable with the process, but you're right that I've been excited about this for a week now, so I'll make sure to stay focused.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are breaking the 7th of Land Rover's Ten Commandments.

Ha! I will go forth and sin no more.

Rule 6 is flagrantly disregarded in my part of the DC suburbs. That's probably because you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Land Rover product around here. I still lift a few fingers off the steering wheel when encountering another Landy on the road, but most drivers don't pay any attention. Those who do, look confused as if I'm hailing them personally and not just acknowledging their vehicle. Give 'em books and they eat the covers...

Similarly, there is no point in documenting "parking rules" in local lots. It would become a never-ending job. It's disappointing to see so many LR's driven by people who don't appreciate their rides. Well, I will always love mine. :proud:

StillDisco

Reaction score
Just got it home.
In love--this truck was built for me. Pictures will come tomorrow.

Thanks for all the advice, and I'm looking forward to being a member of this awesome community!

StillDisco

Reaction score
Got it!

image1_1.jpg

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice ! Hi little doggie. I sure hope the vision assist is finally using HD cameras after all these years.

StillDisco

Reaction score
Nice ! Hi little doggie. I sure hope the vision assist is finally using HD cameras after all these years.

They are not very good. I have not played with them much, but I would not order one with the Vision Assist if I had my druthers. I don't really know if anyone will even have that issue at this point, the time for ordering is probably over.

The dog on the other hand is a phenomenal piece of equipment, she's a Boykin Spaniel, or a 'Swamp Poodle' as we call them in Carolina; an excellent retriever, and a companion that's up for any expedition even when my human buddies aren't.

StillDisco

Reaction score
How can I change the vehicle to shift using the paddles while in 'D' as opposed to just in 'S'? It says in the manual to do it from the home menu thing, but I can't do it through there.

Also, is there a way to keep the side mirrors from folding when locking and exiting the truck? Sometimes you want them out.

When can I post a classified ad? I really badly need an OEM hitch receiver...

Thanks all,

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a LR4 with paddles (2013), but to use the "manual" CommandShift on mine you need to flip the shifter to S - Sport position first. I assumed the same was true for the newer models with the pop-up shifter?

Regarding the auto powerfold mirrors on locking and unlocking, it can be disabled via diagnostics only, so it's either a trip to the dealer or, if you have a diagnostic tool like IIDTool, you can disable that feature yourself.

StillDisco

Reaction score
I ate lunch with a guy that works at the dealership today. He was surprised that mine didn't paddle shift in 'D'. He wasn't sure how to switch it; the manual clearly says it can be done.

I talked to my salesman about the mirrors--he said they couldn't be set by me, but something maybe they could do at the dealership (at $110 an hour, to be sure) using a diagnostic tool. Would they/someone with a tool also be able to modify the DRLs to remain on when the turn signal is on? I looks dumb to me... I had a friend do this on his Audi and it was a big improvement IMHO.

I went ahead and bought a NIB OEM hitch receiver for $400 shipped. Ouch. But I need it fast, and I'd decided I didn't want an aftermarket one...guess I'm learning fast you you gotta pay to play with the Rovers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut