Slamming Tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pabs406

Reaction score
I also have a squeak on the top black plastic part of the tail gate as well. It only squeaks when I lean up against it as I'm reaching into the car to load/unload packages. Is there a way to remove this plastic piece? Any suggestions? I'm too scared to spray anything inside there.

StillDisco

Reaction score
Is this the same manual that says you can use the CommandShift paddles while in Drive, but there is no such option to enable that feature anywhere?

I asked my saleman about this; there is an update on the way. He said this was present on all of them except 2016s to his knowledge.

rdrakea

Reaction score
Funny... I just picked up a new '16 Landmark yesterday and found this thread by searching LR4 "soft close". :) I had convinced myself after reading the manual (yes, I did) that my electric soft close wasn't working. LOL! I'll have my dealer try and lube/adjust because right now mine takes several slams to get it to stick.

Another thing I noticed in the manual is it says there is a tailgate release button on the inside...and refers me to a page in the manual with all the dash controls, but then there is no mention of a tailgate release button.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72