Voice Recognition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought that was a standard feature. My 2016 does not have it. The button on the steering wheel is a mute button and not the VR button. It was mfg'd in 2/16.

Just noticed it the other day but did not think to check when I picked it up.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 13 lux has it, I think. It is so horrible it may as well not exist. Wonder if it is any better on the new ones...

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The feature does not show anywhere on build or sticker. Dealer stated that it does not happen in the US and must be a Euro thing. Went out and looked on their lot and they have a base one with it on it - I must have been looking in the Euro section....

All the Silver and Landmarks in stock do not have the feature.

Used it a lot in other cars but it worked well in those cars...

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's available on my 2013. I use it often to enter destination addresses in the satnav and occasionally to dial out a contact, that's about it. Works quite well for me, interface is a bit clunky but there are shortcuts that make it bearable.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is on my 2013 SE. Like all Land Rover electronics, it leaves a lot to be desired.

I do occasionally use it to call someone though.

1) Hit voice button
2) "Call contact"
3) System Response: "Name please"
4) "Nigel"
5) System Responds with all his listed numbers and asks you to select a line number
6) "One"
7) System Responds with the number you have selected and prompts you to dial
8) "Dial"

Works every time.

Absolutely useless for anything else.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not have the voice button...

Out of the 12 units they had, only one - a base HSE - had the voice button.

Am I missing something (besides the button)?

Baxterdown

Reaction score
Hey guys, newbie here. I'm looking to buy an LR4 in the next couple of months so I stopped by a LR dealer yesterday. Salesman happened to mention voice control.

As it turns out, LR removed voice control capability from the 2016-1/2 (they are calling it 2016 and a half) MY. He didn't say why but he did confirm that only early 2016's (they call those 2016) have voice. The latest batch of cars on the lot don't have voice, just a mute button.

Hope that helps answer Hayseed_LR4's question.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's down right horrible technology for a MY2015 vehicle. I don't use it myself.

I can make a call or look up an address with one voice command using my phone.

You're not missing much.

rdrakea

Reaction score
My '16.5 Landmark came with a one page 'supplement' to the manual explaining the voice control button was only in certain markets and it may be a mute button instead. Which, in my car, it is a mute button.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV