Emergency Braking System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Forty Deuce

Reaction score
So I recently purchased my LR4 as the "2016.5" model, selecting the HSE Silver Edition. This of course offered some technology which, as an end of production model, was included as a standard item rather than as an additional cost option as would have previously been the case.

I have located something which concerned me which is that the window sticker of the vehicle indicates that my LR4 has come equipped with CMbB (Collision Mitigation by Braking). I can find no mention of this technology in the owners manual, vehicle order sheet, Land Rover website or elsewhere. I suspect that perhaps as emerging technology it was simply made operational after the owners manuals had been printed and therefore was not included. None the less, there it is in black & white on my window sticker. I would like to better understand this feature and how it operates in conjunction with my vehicle.

Most sources I have located indicate they do not believe the LR4 platform has ever been equipped with such a feature and it is not in the owners manual. If it is an operational feature then I'd of course like to address its not operating as such but if it is in fact just a misprint I would like to be certain

Does anybody here know anything about this? Was it perhaps a last minute addition to the 2016.5 models as they rolled off the line? How, besides the window sticker, would I find out for sure if my vehicle has this feature. (I suppose I could just accelerate at a car stopped in front of me but I'm not so sure the juice is worth the squeeze on that one!)

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase.

Try a cone with an egg, Brady Bunch style!

Do you have the adaptive cruise control, ACC? I had the option to order that for 15' but passed on it. Auto braking applies to that technology. However LR says its not an emergency system. Maybe the sticker is standard wording they have to apply?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA