My Experiences with 2013 HSE Lux White New 2L engine (canadian Spec)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fozzy325

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after having an 2012 lease auto which I got in May 2012 I was interested in getting a Range Rover Sport or an evoke as i had to hand the lease car back in may 2014.
As i ride my bike the whole summer i have only done 20k in 18 months so not to bad km on it.

I went to Land rover Calgary to enquire about purchasing my 2012 LR2 HSE as a buy out. Well the buy back was a crazy 36k even though I paid 18 months@$760 per month and a down payment of 7k.

Finance landrover problem not Landrover itself.

So I started to look at second hand Range Rover sports but for a decent 2010 it was around 48 - 54k so in this range I was told I could get a new evoke or a new LR2.

Land rover sat me down and told me if I buy new I will get 2k loyalty bonus and as it was Dec 2013 there was w 2k deal for 2013 models.

So the choice was a 2013 LR2 or a 2013 Evoke

I took the evoke for the test drive but unfortunatly, as I am tall (196m) the seat was right to the back setting but not the lowest setting. If i took the lowest setting then I was unable to see the front of the car. I had about 10m of dead ground infrom of me. The problem came from the rear view mirror, the mirror ended up getting in the way. when I was looking between the 1300 and 1400 position. (1200 = right in front and 1800 is rear view) this is a good 45 degree angle of missing space in front of you. I could dip my head down and under to see. This is not good for driving around the city as that position is where pedestrians are when you turn a corner.

I looked at the LR4 second hand but I will not do this because of the double chassis.

so it was only an LR2 for me.

I laid down some requirements
1. I Will not accept Out of the Box tyres from landrover as they are crap and a death trap... these tyres must be changed.
A1. they said they would change the tyres and give me 500 towards the tyres and buy the others back. Costing me nothing for toyo winter tyres.
2. I wanted the same specification as my current 2012 HSE. THis is causing some problems.
A2. 2013 HSE or HSE lux does not come with 19 inch standard Wheels. they come with 18inch. - They said that they would change the wheels out with my current car. costing me nothing.
3. Daytime running lights in Canada is front LED lights only with no rear lights on until you turn them on or auto setting turned them on. My setup on the 2012 is setup as the scandinavian settings where all the lights are on at the same time all the time while the ignition is on.
3a. Land Rover are having problems dealing with this.... they can not find out how to do this. they have contacted LR Toronto but they still have not replied back. I am a firm believer that all light should be on front and back with DTL as i have almost hit so many cars driving at night with DTL on and no rear lights are on....
4. I wanted a HSE but not the HSE Lux as the extra 2 seat settings and the different leather doesn't mean anything to me.. highlight stitching with back stitching on black leather is not a highlight......
4a. As they only had HSE lux or SE left i was ready to walk away and wait to see what else was out there. so they gave me a further $500 discount (1.5k for HSE to HSE lux)
5. My car is Indian (TATA) but with British history. I wanted to hear the sweet british navigation female voice. How sad but I only get the option English (US). I think I might change the voice to dutch as both the male and female US voices make my skin crawl.....

So at the end of the day I have now got the car I wanted with some problems with the lighting still being sorted out.

Things you should be aware of.
1. the new engine is great but i think the fuel tank is smaller. If not then it drinks more than the 2012 engine
2. Change out the OOTB tyres ASAP. the driving in poor and slightly wet weather handeling is greatly improved.
3. WARNING! the turbo lag or kick down in low gears is dangerous in icy conditions. this is a great engine and is fast off of the lights but right at the wrong moment on ice roads i have had the engine kick down and give a bit of a punch.
4. gear selection lights are on the wrong side. When selecting your gear you can not see the gear you have selected as there are no lights illuminating the numbers. The one illuminated set of numbers is poorly placed behind the gear shifter and to see it you have to purposely bend around the gearshift to see it
5. The terrain selection in too far back and you need to really look down and behind you to see what you are selecting. there is no easy identification by hand to feel the controls to change the conditions when driving. (distracted driving laws kick in)

New Navigation and drivers console is great.

So what did I get
2013 LR2 HSE Lux
White
Back Stitching / Black leather
Navigation
18 inch standard wheels but replaced for 19inch (swapped with the LR2 2012)
Replaced the "all season" standard OOTB tyres for Toyo Winter tyres
3M protection kit
Diamond coating for the windscreen (5 Free replacements in 5 years)
Mud Guards front and read
roof rail kit
Explorer rack

SO why did i write this.

SOME BAST**D DROVE INTO IT THIS MORNING LEAVING A ********* BUMPER SCRAPE ON THE BUMPER AND WING...... but I did notice the 3m kit saved it.. I think

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA