Simple VIN Question before I buy a Recon Tranny

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

debaser

Reaction score
My Google Powers have let me down. :argh:

Just want to confirm some - probably common sense stuff before I drop 1000 on a transmission with no warranty and have it shipped 2000 miles overseas
I have an 04 SE3

Fine print on the transmission website states
rover freelander 2004-2004 a.t.; from vin 4a415480

So this simply means there were 2 different types of JATCO units fitted in 04
and my VIN Number should be greater than or later than 4a415480?

the "from" units say good for '04 '05
the "to 4a415479" units good for '02 '03 '04 and are a bit cheaper in price

Cheers!

zefrench

Reaction score
Did you ever get an answer on this ? I confirmed posting on another board that midway through 2004 the intermediate speed sensor was removed. You have an 04 V6 or TD4? North American or rest of the world model ?

debaser

Reaction score
Did you ever get an answer on this ? I confirmed posting on another board that midway through 2004 the intermediate speed sensor was removed. You have an 04 V6 or TD4? North American or rest of the world model ?

Yes Thank you so much for your help! This is where that whole story started! I never got an answer here so I contacted 2 dealerships and a parts company in Florida I've been using. Then weeks later when the transmission arrived - and after the shop had taken my old transmission out they refused to work on it since they were not exactly the same.

For a long story short. Anyone out there wanting to replace their transmission when you see

rover freelander 2004-2004 a.t.; from vin 4a415480
It literally means if your car has a VIN number after 4a415480 you are good to go!
Don't worry about said transmission missing the Intermediate Speed Sensor - even if your old transmission had one! Your car isn't reading it anyway!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA