Disabling 2014 ECO Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When someone comes up with a solution to permanently disable my ECO switch please let me know via this thread.

I can't stand it.

Anyone else have any feedback?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you could talk to the guys at Gap Diagnostics who make the IIDTool and see if there is a way they can provide that in some of their future updates - may be able to rewrite the CCF to disable the feature.

I know I would be looking as well if I had a 2014 - I can't stand the Eco Start/Stop.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has come up repeatedly on rangerovers.net as well, since the same "feature" is annoying the heck out of owners of the new Sport and Range Rover. I don't think ECO is easily defeatable (Gap and other diagnostic companies are looking into it, but apparently the CCF has no options to permanently disable start/stop written in it.) As a matter of fact, there is talk of the ECO button possibly being deleted entirely starting with MY15.

We all better get used to it - and I think we will, it's just that old habits die hard. We'll just learn to release the brake pedal a split second earlier than before at a stoplight and after a while we won't even notice it anymore. :smile:

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a weird experience with this feature on my 2014.

The test vehicle I tried out before purchasing would cut off at almost every stop light but my truck I bought 2 weeks ago isn't cutting off at all at any light. So I am not sure what is going on with my truck.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read the details somewhere about when it will cut off. But mine has been when I have just cut it on and driven a mile down the road with seat heaters, steering wheel, engine cold and climate control still trying to heat up the vehicle.

Those last two are things that I thought should make it not shut off. But maybe I need to re-read the criteria that it will cut off and pay closer attention. It just never cuts off.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't experienced this feature on the 2014 LR4 (haven't driven one) but my wife's 2014 Q5 TDI has this feature. It was a little strange at first but we are used to it now. Leave it to the Germans though for their engineering... there is a button on the center stack that allows the driver to turn this feature off at anytime. Really surprised there isn't something similar for the LR4.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't experienced this feature on the 2014 LR4 (haven't driven one) but my wife's 2014 Q5 TDI has this feature. It was a little strange at first but we are used to it now. Leave it to the Germans though for their engineering... there is a button on the center stack that allows the driver to turn this feature off at anytime. Really surprised there isn't something similar for the LR4.

There is an override button, however, as soon as the ignition is turned off it resets and engages the system again upon re-ignition.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They gave me a loaner Jag a few months back with the ECO. Sucks, but I found that if you don't press ******* the brakes at stop, you can keep the engine running. Just slow your roll a bit and it won't be as annoying.

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or just get in the habit of turning it off after you start the engine?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA