Ome light duty system requirements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Figaroni

Reaction score
Been lurking around for a while and have had my truck for almost a year. Used to wheel my H3 pretty hard but now that I have a family I keep it more mild and just do mild scenic runs and camping stuff now. So now that I've the maint work out the way I'm going to modifying the truck a bit. I opted for an OME Light Duty susp system and am looking at going up to a 255/65/18 for the truck is still a daily driver. I'm still new to LR so I keep finding more info on D1s when I search then anything else. But will I need extended brake lines? When I went 2+" on the hummer I was ok. Just relocated a bracket.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, do your self a favor and buy the medium duty lift along with a new steering stabilizer. The light duty lift has a dendency of flatening out with a little use off road.
As for the brake hoses, yuou should replace all 6 of the rubber lines if the truck is at 100,000 or more because they are weak from heat and will fail some time sooner then later. Your ABS lines can be rerouted to save having to replace them.
If you have any questions, send me your number and we can talk,
By the way, have you rebuilt or replaced your front drive shaft yet?

Figaroni

Reaction score
I'm at 78k miles now and already have the lift. Gonna be hard pressed to try and sell a d2 light duty kit when I've prolly got the only d2 in town. (Really small town). Plus I ran a heavier load spring on my tacoma and heavy duty shocks on my hummer and the ride quality on our crappy washboard cracked highway was horrific. The springs read 2776 front and 2781 rear. Not gonna run a bumpers or winches, just daily drive and occasional camping and scenic trails to camp and fishing destinations. Yes shaft was rebuilt. Was first thing I did when I got the truck.

Last edited:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to ask, what year is your truck, do you have CDL and is it set up?

Figaroni

Reaction score
No, I've got an 03. I was gonna get an 04 from another dealer in Vegas but it was knew shady. First deal breaker was the whole chassis was rusted out. Everything was covered in the thickes cancer I'd ever seen. It was originally from the east coast. I opted for 03 that was from so cal. If I was going to wheel this as hard as the hummer the. I'd opt to swap in a cdl system from another rig. But it's not gonna be that type of rig. (Or at least not until the wife buys her new ride)

Figaroni

Reaction score
Completely off topic but does anybody on this board get together to do runs or go camping or anything like that?

Figaroni

Reaction score
I'm in middle of nowhere Az. 4+hrs from Phoenix and 2ish hrs from Vegas. All dirt/ gravel and some soft sand. Hot. Like HOT HOT.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both Nevada and Arizona have small Rover clubs, might want to do a Google search for Rover clubs in either state.

Figaroni

Reaction score
Yeah. They are located in Phoenix area or Lv. Nothing in my area. Was the same way when I was with HUMMERXCLUB. Had to always go to Phoenix or Cali to wheel.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA