Passenger Door Lock -- Aggravation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jim6090

Reaction score
I have a 2012 LR4. When I walk up to the LR4 on the passengers side to open the door for my wife the doors will not open. Being a gentleman I usually open my wife's door for her. Works perfect on drivers side. Walk up to our Volvo all doors will open. Can this be a software fix???

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 LR4. When I walk up to the LR4 on the passengers side to open the door for my wife the doors will not open. Being a gentleman I usually open my wife's door for her. Works perfect on drivers side. Walk up to our Volvo all doors will open. Can this be a software fix???

I had the same problem. LR had to replace the door handle sensors. Covered under warranty if you still have yours.

jim6090

Reaction score
Deal issue?

Dealer said that it was driver door only had the sensor to open the door. Your fob in pocket opens on either side? rear doors too??

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's odd. I think that either you have passive keyless entry (all doors open from any point of entry when you touch the door hande with the key in your pocket) or you don't (you need to use the remote button to unlock any door, like the Evoque loaner I had a few weeks ago.) Don't know if certain LR4 trims didn't come with passive keyless entry back in 2012, but if your driver door unlocks passively without the key, so should the 3 other ones IMHO. Do all door handles include the little rubber button / sensor? Does the car lock all 4 doors when you push that button - regardless of the door you use to lock them?

Do you have single point of entry or multi point of entry mode enabled? Try switching mode around with the remote. It shouldn't make any difference as far as passive keyless entry is concerned, but worth a shot. Otherwise I tend to agree with Axel that something is wrong with the sensors or central locking system and you should get it checked out.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes all four doors should open and close without having to use the key as long as you've enabled the passive entry feature.
Try to follow Umberto's advice.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA