DuraTracs - Handling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adrenalinsports

Reaction score
I would only go with Duratracks if you live in a place where you will be driving on snowy roads in the winter and/or you do hard off roading. Otherwise go All Terrain. I think the Duratracks are the perfect all around tire for what I use my LR4 for. And it doesn't hurt that they look really good.

Ivan, message me and I will help you plan a great trip to Southern Utah. Dont want to take over this Duratrack forum.

But, here are some quick ideas. This route would take you from St. George in South West Utah to Moab in South East Utah. You could do this in 6 days with a lot of driving or 12 relaxing days.

St George, Utah to the Toroweap, Grand Canyon overlook. Hildale, Utah to Kanab, Utah with lots of stream crossings. Cottonwood Canyon road North to Kodacrome basin State park. Kodacrome Basin to the Burr Trail and Lake Powell, Lake Powell to Natural Bridges National Monuement, (Spend a day or two in Ceder Mesa if you like Indian Ruins) then drive over the Bears Ears in and into Elanpant hill in the Needles District of Canyonlands National Park. Finish in Moab.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with Jud above, I've done some of those routes and they are amazing. I have not been through there with my LR4, but hope to at some point.

Now related to Duratracs, I will be thinking about going to the AT2 BFGs next year or the Duratracs, and leaning toward the latter. I just prefer to ride at stock height with a slight lift from IID and would prefer to not have to trim much.

Ivan, let me know when you are heading down to St. George and Hildale area.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just order the duratracs 265/65r18 for my LR4 just need the spacers.
I'll keep everyone here posted on how they work once I get them installed and tested

On the Utah trip I'm still 6-12 months away since I want to do winch (should go in this week), tactical 4x4 sliders, 18" tires, long range fuel tank, rear wheel tire carrier, Baja rack and a fridge. I got planned to put some LED lights for show but don't think of it like a must.
I'm trying to planned ahead since I want to see interes in my local land rover club and or friends to do this trip I also want to see if I'm lucky and get a pass for the "waves".
I got a long road to go but in a land rover I should make it there no problem.

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I pulled the trigger. Ordered the Duratracs in 255/55r19 from Tire Rack. I'll update with pics and a write-up when I get them slapped on.

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had them installed this morning, and picked it up at lunch. On my quick test drive, I can confirm that they are definitely a little mushy in the handling. I'll probably get over it pretty quick. They look great, and they're not loud. More pics and thoughts to follow.

GYDuraTracsonLR4_zpsc34bdb54.jpg

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're pretty soft indeed. However your picture makes me think that you should try a higher air pressure than what you're currently running.
Don't stick with LR recommendation and maybe have it the same front and back. You could try 40 or 42...
Mine can get up to 50psi and I run them around 44psi cold.

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't stick with LR recommendation and maybe have it the same front and back. You could try 40 or 42...

I like that idea, I'll give that a shot. Speaking of shots, a few more from this morning. If nothing else, the tires look great and make the truck look a lot less like a grocery-getter and more like a LAND ROVER.

GYDuraTracsonLR41_zpsbb52b9b0.jpg

GYDuraTracsonLR42_zps83ca0566.jpg

mattwallace24

Reaction score
I like that idea, I'll give that a shot. Speaking of shots, a few more from this morning. If nothing else, the tires look great and make the truck look a lot less like a grocery-getter and more like a LAND ROVER.

GYDuraTracsonLR41_zpsbb52b9b0.jpg

GYDuraTracsonLR42_zps83ca0566.jpg

Those tires look awesome. I only have 12,000 miles on my original Conti's and you have me now thinking up excuses to swap into these tires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA