Removing Full-Length Roof Rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep me posted, please.
Will do. Where are you located?

If I end up selling my Urban Offroad, then I am planning to give a GREAT deal.

Just remember, it is the version that fits the full-length roof rails.

-David

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do. Where are you located?

If I end up selling my Urban Offroad, then I am planning to give a GREAT deal.

Just remember, it is the version that fits the full-length roof rails.

-David

David - I am in Phoenix. I have the full length rails.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will keep you posted, as I may have a local club buyer. If not, you are next in line. I am not sure he will go for it, as it may be too big for their taste at this point.

Will let you know!!!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I ordered the Baja rack, but had them custom build it to be a bit wider. I also have a few mounts and accessories as well.

Now I have the kaymar rear bumper, swing away, Baja Rack, and LR4 long-range fuel tank (I actually just bought the LAST one) to install.

Ben at Outback Proven is now getting away from Land Rover stuff, so I grabbed the last tank. Michal on this list just had our buddy install it, and he did not use any of the stuff, but used his amazing abilities and did a pretty cool install that works great and is much less complicated and iffy as the one that came with the kit. It was obviously made for a diesel model.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn! I wanted one. Going to see about getting a custom one build then. Any tips on were it was mounted and any parts to take off from underneath?

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will keep you posted, as I may have a local club buyer. If not, you are next in line. I am not sure he will go for it, as it may be too big for their taste at this point.

Will let you know!!!

Did you end up selling your old Urban rack?

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure the half-rails and the rear of the full-rails are the same tracks, so I am thinking I may just cut off the front of my full rails and call it a day.

I looked up the cross rails and the same ones fit the half or full rails, so I should be fine.

Is this what you ended up doing? What did you do to the front of the rails after you cut them off if so?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this what you ended up doing? What did you do to the front of the rails after you cut them off if so?
I just answered your recent post. There is NO cutting at all needed - you just remove the front portion of the roof rail, they provide no structural support and slide right off leaving the front completely open and ready. Once the front foot is removed, the Baja rack for the half rails fits PERFECT.

I would also recommend asking Baja to make a 50" wide rack for you, as they typically do the 48" wide. The 50" does help with mounting awnings, showers, and allows two bigger pelican cases to be placed up there. I have all the mounts and I will tell you the shovel/axe and Hi Lift mounts are awesome. The rack has 2 built in areas for Jerry Cans, but also has an optional Jerry can mounting plate - I have that, but it does take up a bit of room.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut