Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waxed it after a year and right before Winter

LR4%2B1.jpg

LR4%2B2.jpg

LR4%2B3.jpg

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like a mirror! Nice job. Our off road season hasn't quite ended here in CO so I'm going to wait on a nice wax job for a couple more weeks.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. It was a lot of work (wash, clay, polish, wax) but the paint is now smooth and shiny :proud:

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have some OEM 20's fitted with some larger aggressive tires? Was considering using some spacers and possibly Johnson rods to give me a wider stance and more sidewall. Interested if there were some good pics and feedback on performance that anyone would be willing to share that would help me decide between that route and the 18" compos. Thanks!

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have though I used FFRR 20" rims. It has been a year or so but if I recall correctly the RR rims have increased backspacing which enabled less spacer (only 3/4"). I run a 275/55 R20 Open country Toyo mud terrain. You may find that (or at least a year ago when I did this) there aren't many options for 20" tires. But I can say unequivocally the Toyo is fantastic. With the size I have, I do maintain a lift (adjustable rods) and I do get slight rubbing on the frame arms in the front wheel well at full steering lock, not enough to cause concern. I also carry an ECU bypass setup for airing up the air bags in case I'm off-road and something fails. The truck could not ride home on its' bumpstops with the current tire.

The primary reason I went with the 20" rim at the time was/is that they are cheap and easy to find/replace. I bought 5, in A+ condition for $400 from a fellow on this board. The downside is that you have less rim protection than a comparable 18". I've been okay with this because they are cheap/easy to find and replace, rather than refinish. I've also always liked the shoulder the LR rims have/maintain, they seem to hold the bead better but I've never compared them to the compos. Somebodies wisdom would also state that the truck rolls less side to side around town or handles sharply. But I have nothing to compare that to than the stock 19"s I keep with Blizzaks on them for the winter.

I'm happy with the setup, would only consider Compos if I could not buy the Toyo tires again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA