T44 rock sliders - Test fitting (long post)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rt10516

Reaction score
Thanks NAS and LR34 for your suggestions. The Voyager sliders look good, but as you say they only protect the sill.

Does anyone know how far out the TR nerfs stick out? LR34 brought up a good point about side protection.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great posts and information everyone. I am looking for sliders for the 06 LR3 and was trying to find some Rover Specialty sliders but Luck8 doesn't carry them and it looks like they are no longer being made. Does anyone know if that is correct?

That's odd, as they can still be ordered through their web site. Have you called Justin at Lucky 8 to verify this information?

http://lucky8llc.com/Search.aspx?Manu=Rover Specialties

rt10516

Reaction score
yes, I sent them an email and they responded today that they are no longer available. Maybe I should give them a call and talk in person.

rt10516

Reaction score
BTW - Umberto I see you have the IID Tool listed in your profile. Is this the tool from Gap Diagnostic? I'm thinking of getting this to be able to adjust the ride hight, etc. Have you used it much and do you recommend getting it?

Thanks

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely recommend the IIDTool, which I have been using for a couple of years on my 2006 Sport, it's a fantastic piece of diagnostic equipment that does so much for so little money. Unfortunately, while it's been around for 2005-2009 LR3 for at least 2 years, the version for the LR4 is not for sale yet due to the different electronics and instrument cluster display (it should become available real soon, though), I am only a tester for a beta version of Gap's tool on my 2013. There is a thread on this forum about it.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, I sent them an email and they responded today that they are no longer available. Maybe I should give them a call and talk in person.

Well, that would really suck. I had RS sliders on my Sport and they were great (also, they were the ONLY rock sliders available for the Sport anywhere...) I am going with T44 because they seem to offer a product as good as RS for LR3/4 for less money - plus they are local. But it would be a shame if RS were no longer, they made a high quality product, perhaps just a tad too expensive for most owners.

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umberto, have you received your new compressor bracket T44?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not yet, I think they received the hardware this week but because of the Easter holiday and my kids' Spring Break, I have to postpone my visit to Tactical of a couple of weeks... The joys of parenthood.

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
umbertob... sounded like your truck will be alpha-1 for the bracket. hope you can get there soon cause i'll be fitting the bracket as retrofit. the compressor vibrating noise is getting me annony.

rt10516

Reaction score
I definitely recommend the IIDTool, which I have been using for a couple of years on my 2006 Sport, it's a fantastic piece of diagnostic equipment that does so much for so little money. Unfortunately, while it's been around for 2005-2009 LR3 for at least 2 years, the version for the LR4 is not for sale yet due to the different electronics and instrument cluster display (it should become available real soon, though), I am only a tester for a beta version of Gap's tool on my 2013. There is a thread on this forum about it.
Umberto - I received the IID tool and tried to make some modifications but they didn't work. I tried to turn on the 3 flash turn signal and navigation while driving. The device saved the changes and I followed the instructions given by the IID tool but the changes did not work. Have you made these changes or have any suggestions on what to try?

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV