LR4 Wheels/Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The muffler itself looks perfectly clean, but all the pipes are rust color. Magnaflow offer a "rust through" warranty. Basically if it rusts completely through, they would replace but they claim some bs about the outer coating of rust color as "normal". Complete bs of course.

From their FAQ:

http://www.magnaflow.com/07techtips/faq/question32.asp
Question:
Can stainless steel rust?

Answer:
Magnaflow uses 409 grade automotive stainless steel. This particular grade of stainless has the tendency to form a protective layer of surface rust in wet/humid/snowy climates or when exposed to salted roads. This layer is superficial and will not ********* the metal itself. It can be removed using soap and water and a steel Brillo or S.O.S pad. In the rare event that 409 stainless steel pipes become rusted through, Magnaflow's lifetime warranty will cover replacement.

jamievo

Reaction score
Does anyone have black package/black rims and also go off road? Do the black rims get dinged up easier?

no-pistons

Reaction score
That is exactly what 409 SS will do. It forms a sort of surface rust, but it shouldn't rust through. No big deal really. A higher grade 304 SS will remain shiny for a long time.

I'm surprised at the price they charge, they do not use 304. Many of these aftermarket exhaust kits are a rip off in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my wheels

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414122008966.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414122008966.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 56

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics