Spacers for LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK this is a dumb question for most but I just want to make sure.
I'm putting on 18" on my LR4 so I need the spacers going the bora route. My question is.... Do I need spacers for all wheels or just the 2 front?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for my dumb question, but you are using LR3 wheels - right? Yes, I believe you will need spacers all around, unless you get the Compomotive wheels - no spacers needed.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have LR3 rims on my LR4.
You will need spacers all around. I still have a set in Boston if you want them.
Depending on what size tire you decide to go with you will hit the frame horn when at full lock.
Go with at least 1.25" or more than 32mm. You will love the stance much nicer than with the Compos.
When I did it, the price wasn't the issue but Compomotive didn't have rims in satin black. Between the 5 rims, black powder coat, spacers, installation and alignment, the difference with the Compomitives was only $500.
I sold my LR3 rims when I left Boston and purchased the Compos when I got to Albuquerque.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think someone is trying to sell a set of 4 1" spaces in the for sale section of the forum...

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm going with 1.25" should order on Friday and I think I want a charcoal color for the rims. The lr3 rims I got for my lr4 are gray once I got the spacer I'll see how it looks and have them powdercoated to charcoal or black either way they will get scratch

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think someone is trying to sell a set of 4 1" spaces in the for sale section of the forum...

Way too small. Calipers will touch the inside of the rims.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read that even 1.25 will touch and 1.5 the tire will rubb

michal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1.25 are the way to go. That being said you will need to very lightly grind the caliper and remove the horn.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA