Plow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's an LR3 which had a hell of a lot more front suspension issues than my LR4. I can only imagine the cost to keep that plow roadworthy.

I was thinking the same thing. No thanks on trying that!!:stupid:

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between lR3 and LR4 suspension? I wasn't aware of any difference.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between lR3 and LR4 suspension? I wasn't aware of any difference.

Don't know the exact difference. If you want me to go add up the amount of control arm/bushing replacements in the first 30K of both vehicles, the difference would be extremely noticeable. Bushing and control arms seemingly replaced every 7,500 miles on the LR3, not one on the LR4.

The LR3 had some sloppy issues in the front end that they seem to have re-engineered. Keep in mind that I'm comparing an early 05 LR3 to a 2012 LR4.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the lr3 have enjoyed the same revisions. I have an 06 that needed new control arms at 45k (probably needed earlier). Wheel beer ing both also went out at 75k. Now I'm at 105 and still feels tight. That's just one data point and maybe I'll need news ones again soon. Just curious. Thanks!

Tanner

Reaction score
A plow on a Land Rover isn't the best plan, especially on a new LR4.

150ft of driveway, if it's flat and paved would be easy work for an ATV. I'd say your best option is a snowblower, though. We have a Honda with tracks that makes the 700' driveway a breeze. It's a 5-9% grade, too.

Do your research and find a nice snowblower, it will serve you well.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge the only difference between the LR3 and LR4 front suspensions are thicker anti roll bar bushings and uprated ball joints. Both can be retrofitted to LR3's.

Elej

Reaction score
Go for the ATV with plow

I'm in the same situation about 150ft of driveway. We went with the ATV plow solution. Bought a used Polaris 330 with AWD. Installed Warn winch with an aftermarket plow. Have less than $4500 in the whole setup. It is an absolute BEAST in the snow.

Fun to drive, the wife will plow too! Neighbors also love us, we do four driveways, all equally long, takes no time at all. The ATV is also pretty useful year round for odd jobs around the yard.

aj22

Reaction score
A plow on a Land Rover isn't the best plan, especially on a new LR4.

150ft of driveway, if it's flat and paved would be easy work for an ATV. I'd say your best option is a snowblower, though. We have a Honda with tracks that makes the 700' driveway a breeze. It's a 5-9% grade, too.

Do your research and find a nice snowblower, it will serve you well.

I'm sure that'd work, but this is for a ski house, so I often roll in late at night, so it needs to be a quick-ish solution. I think the ATV route might work, not sure what to do. Whatever I decide, it'll be for next year, already played my plow guy for the season.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV