Just picked up EBC pads and rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrosa

Reaction score
Sorry for digging up this old topic, but does anyone know if those beautiful EBC brake rotors and brake pads will fit a 2014 LR4?

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, glad I found this old thread. So it has been over a year since my last one on this thread, but the rear brakes where singing, the rear disks (57K miles) lip began to rub on pads, so I figured it was time and might as well do all 4 corners. I still measured 18.7mm on rear calipers, so they are not worn but decided it was prudent as they are original.

I used:

1. AC Delco Professional DuraStop disks
2. EBC pads

Only casualty was my Kobalt 3/8 ratchet, broke when torquing the front carrier bolts. Next time use 1/2 drive size 21mm 12point socket. Brake bedding was easy, hardest part was finding that long desolated road with a 55mph sign on it.

Truck brakes like it is new or better. Didn't flush brake fluid yet, maybe next time I get all the wheels off.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you mean the parking brake shoes inside the drum rather than just the rear pads, failing to perform the adjustment will result in some god awful screeching from the EPB module when applying the EPB and if ignored most likely a replacement module at a cost of $700...

Weird....I did my brake job at 28K miles, now at 55K miles, never messed with the parking brake and everything is fine.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_5876-L.jpg

Just ordered these new EBC "Heavy Duty" truck/SUV pads. Anyone have any experience with them or am I the first guinea pig?

I'll probably mount it this week before my next trip to the Sierras.

Last edited:

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I installed the pads. The EBC rotors had barely any wear on them. Noticeably better than the OEM rotors of approximately the same mileage.

The orange dropped right in, no issues. First impression seems that the pads are grippier than the yellow EBC but time will tell.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just want to add something since this doesn't get enough airplay in my mind. I finally got around to changing out the front brake pad sensor. I reused it up until now and the heat let the sensor crack when I jiggled it. Changing out the sensor took me as long as doing the brakes themselves. it was ridiculous.

Here are some tips.

You will need to undo at least 2 clips from the fender well to reach the end of the sensor and unplug it. Don't just yank on the sensor, its connected to a fragile looking thin wired line and the connector has a tooth which prevents it from being just yanked off. The back of the sensor also has a plastic clip that attaches to the firewall. That has to be undone also from behind the fender. It's a pain in the ass. I highly recommend trying to reuse your old sensor. The rear seems much easier but the front is a pain.

TXLR4

Reaction score
RBA, you're spot on. The front REALLY sucks to do. I also had to drop to clips of the fender liner to get my hands in there. I'd say your advise is exactly how i did mine and it does take far too long. Back is a piece of cake!

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_5876-L.jpg

Just ordered these new EBC "Heavy Duty" truck/SUV pads. Anyone have any experience with them or am I the first guinea pig?

I'll probably mount it this week before my next trip to the Sierras.

RBA, where did you buy these pads? When I input 2012 LR4 into the EBC website it claims these pads aren't available for the make/model.

Thanks in advance!

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats the specific reason for using ECB over oem? ive had mediocre experience with ECB in the past on my bimmers.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RBA, where did you buy these pads? When I input 2012 LR4 into the EBC website it claims these pads aren't available for the make/model.

Thanks in advance!

Strange, I originally found them on JC Whitney. Odd that EBC doesn't even list LR on their shop website. Not sure what to make of that.

The parts I have went in fine and are working great. They do produce more dust then the yellow I had.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA