Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edmlr4

Reaction score
with the Auto Ingenuity you can plug in a Drone for $200 and use your smart phone to start it.

RangeBoy

Reaction score
Today morning I ***** with Mike from Mycaraudio and I check the price:

http://autoingenuity.net/ - 1way starter 1400$ + drone = 1600$
http://mycaraudio.ca/ - 1way starter 899$, 2way 999$, drone or smart start 279$

So I think if I can get 2way system I don't need even drone...

Last edited:

GreeN YarN

Reaction score
Any more updates about this? I know my wife would love remote start on her LR4....

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll throw my two cents with something I noticed the other day. The 3 liter takes way longer to warm up just idling than the 5 liter. It was about 28 degrees out the other day and I started it and left it running in my garage. I only expected to leave it for about 10 minutes but ended up getting a phone call that make it more like 17 minutes. Naturally I expected to open the door to a blast of hot air. Uhhhhhh not even a little.

The vents were all on high, including the rears. Looked at the temp gauge and the thing only a quarter inch if that, off of full cold. I was shocked! By time I pulled out of my neighborhood, it was fully warmed up so just a minute later but it was under load.

My 2012 definitely wasn't like that. So I'd caution 2014+ owners to experiment and see how long it takes yours to warm up at idle. Personally, I couldn't see spending $1000 on a system that only gives me a luke warm vehicle after waiting that long and burning that much gas.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut