Windshield Wiper Arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXLR4

Reaction score
Well...I can't say it with certainty...but I'm pretty sure the wipers were left in "auto" the last time it went through the car wash. The wipers still work, but the driver's side seems messed up.

When I lift it away from the windshield, I can move it freely up and down and side to side. It's as if the gears on the arm itself are stripped. I can look at the part that is attached to the car (where the wiper arm fits on) and it doesn't move when everything else does...so, im hoping that means its just the arm that is screwed up.

I have to imagine someone has had this happen in the past. What did you do to fix it? Any place to order parts?

Thanks in advance for your help.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried tightening the bolt that connects the arm to the motor spline (lift off the hinged bottom cover)? The arm typically has a softer "***" metal receiver that is grooved by the motor spline and it sounds like yours has stripped. You can also try cleaning the splines with a small wire brush and re-tighten, or wrap it with some thin seizing wire and re-install.

TXLR4

Reaction score
so, would replacing the entire arm itself fix this or are you saying the splines on the motor are trashed? I think i found a new wiper arm for about $40 so this might be doable. The cap is gone as well so i'd need to order a new one of those as well.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The splines should be fine, probably just need to clean them up before installing the new arm.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72