Another Roof Rack Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like Baja has a new roof rack option for vehicles without factory rails... Has anyone purchased this? Also, it says this option is for vehicles with "no rear factory rails" ... I don't have any factory rails. Any doubts on this fitting? I am waiting for a response from the folks over there, just thought I would see if anyone has any insight.

Link: http://www.bajarack.com/br-lr-lr3-1-0

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-09 at 10.37.56 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-09 at 10.37.56 AM.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 79

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be following this thread, bushway, thanks. For my needs that pricing makes it seem like a better long-term deal to suck it up and get roof rails ($295 new OEM from Rocklin is best price I've seen so far). That's what I plan to do so I can have some flexibility for installing roof bars for luggage, ski transport, other cargo kit, etc.

Still irks me that my '11 didn't come w/at least short rails but that topic's been run into the ground. Anyway, I need to get something lined up before ski season hits the Mid-Atlantic and elsewhere.

GreeN YarN

Reaction score
Bushway,

I might have missed a thread on it but, did you purchase one of these racks? I'm just starting my quest for a roof rack and looking at all my options.

Thanks

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased the rack, so did Finlayforprez. So far so good! Looks great too.

Attachments

• IMG_4266.jpg
    IMG_4266.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 63

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you use the factory rails, does the rack still ground out to the roof via the bolts or anything? I just ask because I use mine as a ground plane for my radio stuff.

I like the look of the baja rack, it has more floor bars than my voyager. is it 1" steel tube or something else?

edit: i see.. Frame:1” (25.4mm), ¾” (19.05mm) and 1/2’”(12.7mm) Steel tubing

Seems like a good option.

Last edited:

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks-wise, Baja all the way. Can't speak for frontrunner in terms of functionality though.

Attachments

• IMG_4337-1.jpg
    IMG_4337-1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 48

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like how slick the frontrunner looks and they have accessories to mount almost everything. I might go that way since I also want to mount some lights up there. Still debating but the rack is my next purchase. Will make up my mind after this month.

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the FR full rack and looks wise, it's definitely more utilitarian and not as cool as the other racks. However, it is so functional and the abundance of accessories really makes it the best option IF you foresee yourself using the rack more than twice a year. I was actually trying to sell my FR rack because I just don't use it enough but after my recent multi-day trip in the desert, it reminded me how well designed the FR stuff really is.

The Baja stuff looks great!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick