Plow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aj22

Reaction score
Can one attach a plow to an LR4? Anyone done this? I have maybe 150' of driveway that I currently pay to get plowed. If I could do this reasonably on my own, I would. It's too much for a snowthrower, it'd take forever. I've seen plows on all kinds of trucks/SUVs, so thought it'd be possible.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen some Disco's with plows and it took some suspension work to make it work.I don't believe your LR4 will handle the plow based on your suspension and front diff weakness.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plows are absolutely brutal on front ends. It's honestly not worth the trouble. I live in Wisconsin and have plenty of experience to say that I wouldn't ever consider putting a plow on an LR4. If you really want to do your driveway yourself, I'd consider buying a beater jeep or pickup with a plow already on it in decent condition. But then I'd come to me senses and just keep paying the man lol! :laugh::beer:

Last edited:

aj22

Reaction score
Plows are absolutely brutal on front ends. It's honestly not worth the trouble. I live in Wisconsin and have plenty of experience to say that I wouldn't ever consider putting a plow on an LR4. If you really want to do your driveway yourself, I'd consider buying a beater jeep or pickup with a plow already on it in decent condition. But then I'd come to me senses and just keep paying the man lol! :laugh::beer:

Thanks for the answers guys. And yes, I'll keep paying the man! No room to park yet another vehicle, especially for limited use.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a 4wd 4-wheeler, used, and then attach a plow to it. Add chains, if necessary. Takes minimal space in the garage and is pretty effective. Either that or a tractor.

aj22

Reaction score
Get a 4wd 4-wheeler, used, and then attach a plow to it. Add chains, if necessary. Takes minimal space in the garage and is pretty effective. Either that or a tractor.

Like a Polaris ATV or the like? If so, can they cope with a foot of heavy snow? I've never tried one, just thought they looked a bit small for the job.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
normal_100_0604-2_zps7d0cd999.jpg

http://www.anglofin.co.uk/

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's an LR3 which had a hell of a lot more front suspension issues than my LR4. I can only imagine the cost to keep that plow roadworthy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72