Anybody else getting gas <=$3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Benner

Reaction score
91 all day long for me. Got used to the gouging with my TT so this only hurts because I need twice as much lol

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last time I filled up was nearly a week ago but I paid $3.65 just before the Canadian border and $3.30 at home outside of Boston. 93 octane and Mobil/Shell in all cases.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$1.07 per gallon for 97 octane here in the Middle East (Qatar).

Regular grade is somewhere around 83 cents per gallon.

=D

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

=D

97 octane. That's great. How do they calculate their rating? Same as Europe or same as here in the US?
Europe 98 is more or less equivalent to US 93...
If it's like in the US it would mean that you have a euro rating of 102 roughly. Race quality gas.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score

=D

OK. You don't count, Surfrider. You have a slight advantage! :smile: You are like driving over oil fields!

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
97 octane. That's great. How do they calculate their rating? Same as Europe or same as here in the US?
If it's like in the US it would mean that you have a euro rating of 102 roughly. Race quality gas.

It's what is listed on the pumps. :dontknow:

You can't even pump your own gas here. People just sit in their trucks with engines running and the AC blasting away comfortably while the attendants do it for you.

I'll snap a pic at the pump this week of the ratings.

The funny thing is the prices do not fluctuate here at all. It's been locked in at this price for years. Before that, it jumped from 22c / liter to 27c / liter. Everyone had the audacity to ***** and whine when it took that leap to current levels. Actually, recalculating exchange rates and liter to gallon it is ~$1.04 per gallon of Premium.

Last edited:

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just hit 2.98 for 91 octane (at Arco) in South Bay.
There is a shell up the street who missed the memo, still have their price at 3.99.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Different octane measurement methods are used. In the US we average RON and MON at our pumps, while in most other parts of the world - including most of Europe and Middle East - straight RON is displayed, which produces octane ratings about 4-6 higher for the same type of fuel. A 97 octane (RON) equals about 91-93 octane (R+M/2) around here.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV