Key FOB 'secrets'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Benner

Reaction score
Hey everyone, so new to Land Rover and just picked up my LR4 about 2 weeks ago (love it). Is there a thread somewhere that has the secrets of the keyfob? Basically when you press certain buttons at the same time things happen? I know the windows can all go down and up, and the dealer claimed I can lower and raise the airride with the fob. Anyone have more info?

Thanks!

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air suspension adjustment from outside the vehicle, I read it must be in park with all doors closed and hazard lights on.

Then, I forget which button sequence on the FOB to do it. (You can raise and lower)

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't it in your owner's manual?
Windows won't roll up in the USA. This feature has been disabled in this country for safety reasons. You can re-enable it if you have a IIDTool.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air suspension adjustment from outside the vehicle, I read it must be in park with all doors closed and hazard lights on.

Then, I forget which button sequence on the FOB to do it. (You can raise and lower)

I use this often. Yes, the hazard lights need to be on and the doors closed. Hold down the lower left button (looks like a headlight). Then, while holding that button down, press and hold either the upper right button (to raise) or the lower right button (to lower). It may take a moment to get started. Once started it will keep raising or lowering until it reaches a limit or until you release the buttons. Allows you to do somewhat finer adjustments.

I use that when washing the car. Lower when I want to climb up and work the top of the windows. Then I raise it when I want to spray underneath.

Benner

Reaction score
Isn't it in your owner's manual?
Windows won't roll up in the USA. This feature has been disabled in this country for safety reasons. You can re-enable it if you have a IIDTool.

I didn't see anything about it in the owner's manual.

And thanks danrhiggins.

Any other features you can do with the FOB?

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you need the hazards on to lower it? strange

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess they want to make sure you really are meaning to lower or raise the car remotely, and you won't do so accidentally - surely for some silly liability concerns. The remote suspensions height control was originally designed for owners towing a trailer (to precisely line up car and trailer while standing next to them.)

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any other features you can do with the FOB?

You can jam it under the trigger of gas pumps without "auto hold" lever on the nozzle, so you don't have to keep squeezing the trigger manually while you refuel. :biggrin:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of fobs, the latest version of IIDTool's firmware will allow LR4 owners to purchase compatible, new or used fobs and reprogram them on their own to operate their vehicle. No more spending hundreds of dollars at a dealer to purchase and program a new fob if you misplace one. Or, if you prefer the old design 2010-11 fob (or the newer 2012+ one), you can just find a used one on eBay and make it work with your car. New firmware with these features is currently beta testing and should be released soon to all owners if IIDTool.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72