Removing Full-Length Roof Rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have the black design package on my 2013 LR4 and was wondering if I removed the full-length roof rails would I need the rubber trim to cover up the tracks? I am asking because I may actually be switching roof racks (will talk about that later) and may want to remove the full-length roof rails.

Or, I am wondering if the rear part of the full-length rails are the same as the half rails? I am thinking I may be able to keep the rear part of my full-length rails and cut the front off.

Thanks so much!

Regards, David

Last edited:

michal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may need it.... R u getting the Baja Rack??

michal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Baja - better mounting options. Real expedition roof rack

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may need it.... R u getting the Baja Rack??
Did Pedram tell you I was looking at yours really close? ;-)

I've seen others and always liked the look, but the Urban Offroad rack is made really well.

With that said, I just like the height and design of the Baja - mine is closer to the glass and I like how the Baja is set up.

My issue is that I have the black design pack and it came with full length roof rails. The Baja has an option for mounting with half rails (what you have) or no rails. If I remove my full length rails then the back tracks are empty - but just not sure if that's OK.

Maybe I need to just cut my full length to preserve the back racks, just not sure it they are the same.

I am almost billing to bet Pedram could figure something out.

michal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep - Pedram told me that you were inspecting my rack :) You will need the rubber rail covers but only for the front part (around the moonroof that opens. Otherwise you should be ok. This shouldn't stop you from getting Baja

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep - Pedram told me that you were inspecting my rack :) You will need the rubber rail covers but only for the front part (around the moonroof that opens. Otherwise you should be ok. This shouldn't stop you from getting Baja
I have the rubber rail covers on the front of the rails, but the rails in the back don't seem to have them... They were removed during install.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure the half-rails and the rear of the full-rails are the same tracks, so I am thinking I may just cut off the front of my full rails and call it a day.

I looked up the cross rails and the same ones fit the half or full rails, so I should be fine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA