Radio sound not working. Please help driving me crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jdbrat03

Reaction score
I just bought a 2006 LR3 and the radio display looks as though everything is ok when I start it up but no sound comes out. If I drive it for about a mile or so, sometimes longer, the sound will come on and work fine. When I turn the volume knob it doesn't show level changing.

I have tried hard reset

I don't have a phone hooked up to it and I don't plan to but the radio displays "Phone Removed" I feel like this may have something to do with the issue but I haven't been able to find any solutions anywhere

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be unrelated but I had an issue where my Nav screen became non responsive to touch. I pulled the screen out and re-seated the connectors and voila...might try that as age might be a factor. Mine is 2005.

Every Day is a Good Day Surfing...Some are just Better Than Others

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jdbrat03

Reaction score
That is the next thing I want to try. I just can't find detailed instructions on removing the unit. (I haven't looked very had specificly for removal of unit yet) but I can not find a repair manual anywhere on the Internet for a reasonable price. But I will try that once I find out how to remove the unit. I will post if it works

Jdbrat03

Reaction score
Well quick YouTube search for removal of the head unit showed me how to do it. Seems easy enough.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes mine gets stuck looking for the Bluetooth connection to my phone. If I pull the red hang-up button on the steering wheel TWICE, it gets rid of the phone message and the radio plays.

Also, look in the manual to see if you can remove the previous owner's phone from the Bluetooth set-up.

Jdbrat03

Reaction score
Sometimes mine gets stuck looking for the Bluetooth connection to my phone. If I pull the red hang-up button on the steering wheel TWICE, it gets rid of the phone message and the radio plays.

Also, look in the manual to see if you can remove the previous owner's phone from the Bluetooth set-up.

That seems to fix it actually. But I cant seem to find anything in the manual about removing previous phones. I also can't seem to find anything anywhere about what the "Phone Removed" message means. It also says "Phone Not Fitted" which I've read about but nothing for "Phone Removed"

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Phone Removed" means that the Bluetooth was paired to a phone, but the phone is not in the vehicle right now. "Phone not Fitted" probably means that it is finding your phone signal but you never paired it with the vehicle. Look in the Bluetooth section of the manual and try pairing your phone with the vehicle.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA