Random Errors, what you think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after a few ghost suspension faults over the last month, today while I was braking for a red light, the LR3 randomly showed this and went into access mode:

I do not think that the transmission, suspension, HDC and ABS systems can actually fail all at the same time, so I am guessing it is the infamous brake switch? what do you guys think? also the lights were all gone after turning it off...

switch is about $15 usd on the net (shipping to Mexico is about 5 days at the best), the stealership has it available now for $100 usd

Attachments

• 20141023_121542.jpg
    20141023_121542.jpg
    752.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah....usually battery, brake switch, brake light (bulbs) are the best place to start. Easy to test and cheap to replace.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replaced the switch already, but yesterday at the car-wash the same problem appeared, all the brake bulbs are working properly and battery was replaced about nine months ago, any ideas on what it might be ??

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to sound smart-ass but it sounds like it's related to water intrusion. The usual culprits are the sunroof drains or the windshield cowl (both well documented on this forum). Check your passenger side floorboard carpet to see if it's wet. There is a gaggle of wires that run along there; which can get wet at the connectors with water ingress. Some have dried them and some of had to replace the corroded connectors; but that can lead to these types of issues. Also impacts the function of the key FOB commonly.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mmm well I had that problem before and the passenger floor got soaking wet but I had unclogged the drains now, perhaps some damage remained :S I'll check it right away, anything to avoid taking it to those scammers at the stealership, they wanted to charge 200 dollars to replace the switch!!

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had to replace my alternator at 103,000 miles. It wasn't completely gone but I did get a bunch of errors as it failed. Doesn't sound exactly like it, and you'd probably here it whine but you might want to get it tested?

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, forgot to mention, those are kilometres, so I am at about 61,000 miles. I'll check it anyway as I intend to keep this LR for a very long time

@Houm_WA I checked the floor and it is absolutely dry.

I am running out of ideas, oil and filter change are booked in about a week so I'll guess the stealership will check it then.
:(

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a hose out, and stuck soaking it, section by section until you get the faults. It sounds like you need to inspect the cowl for sure, remove the cabin air filter and check for water damage, check your battery box and fuse box covers, etc.

Got to be a short induced by water somewhere, or the brake light switch is flaky or improperly installed, check it, check that the plug is secure, etc.

Here's a post I did about inspecting the cowl http:// disco3. co.uk/forum/topic76762.html?highlight=upcoming+project

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great, thanks tlt it has been a busy week so I'll check on that over the weekend. Also I know battery and fuse box covers are alright as I inspected them about 3 weeks ago.
I'm pretty sure brake switch is correctly installed but I'll double check it as well and report back if I find anything or solve it, yesterday I had two "suspension fault" and the yellow light, suuuper annoying

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV