LR4 reliability - let's get better info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that included actual repair rates. So in late 2005 I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now updates actual repair frequencies, not just dots, four times a year, to track cars closely as they age.

We've had good participation by LR3 owners, and have been providing reliability stats for it for a while now. I'd like to do the same with the LR4. Just a matter of getting enough owners involved.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the LR4, for free. I'll share results, once we have them, in this thread after each update.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've had a good response from LR4 owners. If just a couple more sign up, I'll go ahead and include it in the survey.

Not yet signed up? Details here:

Car reliability research

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now 17 signed up, and I've included the LR4 in the survey. More will be needed to provide a result, but at the rate owners have been joining we'll get there.

Not yet signed up? Details here:

Car reliability research

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And now 21--just four short of the minimum for a full result.

We should have at least a partial result in August.

GME2815

Reaction score
It's impossible to find any reliability data on LRs past 2006. There is nothing anywhere on the LR4. Why wait to publish? Publish what you have now. I'd personally and dying to know how the LR4 is holding up. How can anyone make a $50,000 plus care purchase without knowing anything about the model line from 2007 on? Publish!

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could, but even with the current minimums there are plenty of people who take the opposite stance, and say I should not release results without even larger minimum sample sizes.

We are on track for a partial result for the LR4 in August. Wish I had a full result now, but it really is up to how quickly enough owners get involved. I do everything I can on my end to provide results ASAP.

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
31 owners now signed up, so we should have at least a partial result in August. I'd like to have a full result, of course, but it's going to be close. A few more participants could make the difference.

Car Reliability Survey

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I certainly appreciate your help.

We'll have an initial result for the LR4 next month. As I type this, we're three responses short of the minimum for a full result. So I hope to have a full result in November.

To help make this happen:

Car reliability research

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I added both of my cars to the database. Both are fairly new, so I didn't have much to report other than fuel milage.

Rob

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut