2013 LR2 - how to lock doors manually?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coloboque

Reaction score
I can't figure out how I could lock the doors on my LR2 when I leave the car. I don't want to use the remote key all the time, it just drives me nuts. In all my previous cars (not LR) I could simply press the button on the door and the door would be locked once I close the door. Is there anything like this on LR2?

Irish222222

Reaction score
Would love to know if this is possible too?!?! I'm shocked with a proximity key you can't lock or unlock the car without using the fob. I feel like it defeats the whole purpose.

Triumph

Reaction score
Do LR2's not have a little button on the exterior door handle that uses the proximity key to lock like my LR4? I was fairly sure a loaner LR2 had that...

Irish222222

Reaction score
Unfortunately, my 2013 base does not, even though I have a smart key for push button start. Maybe the HSE version has it.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slide the chrome part off the key fob which will reveal a folded key. You then insert the key in the hole under the drivers door handle and pry off the rear most part which will reveal the actual keyhole which will lock and unlock the doors.

Every Day is a Good Day Surfing...Some are just Better Than Others

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA