help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

networka

Reaction score
Hello guys,

so i am a new rover driver (2days) and pretty much what i know so far is how to take out the radio and that my "emma" is knowed as a Disco II (2003 SE)

when i bought her i was told the AC only needed gas so today i charged it... i was really happy so i went to a restaurant but when i came out of the restaurant my wife detected water in the carpets, not only copilot but also pilots.

any ideas what can this problem be an how to solve? anyway to check if the evaporator (dont even know if it has one) is bad or maybe just a drain line (already read some).

also i read the owner manual and the sport mode light and the tarmac light came up flashing in green, manual says this is an electronic problem in the gears and that i should only turn off and back on the car, but today after the charging of the AC gas it happen twice, is this a serious problem? what can it be?

and last but not least... it was my understanding that land rovers were mostly aluminium and so that i would not have to be too worried about rust issues, how truth is this? should i be afraid of water? for example this AC puddle issue, should i be freaking out? wont the heat from engine evaporate the water, no biggy, right?

thank you all in advance for your time and answers.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
well the water on the carpet is easy fix, the A/C drains are clogged. Climb under the disco about where the front of the drivers door is and slide under the transmission. You should see a black hose (may look like a pipe) coming down. One on each side of the transmission. They will have a black ****** on them, you can either remove the ****** and clean or stick a coat hanger sized wire into them and clean them out. Either way be prepared for some nasty water to come out.

Not sure about the flashing light issue.

networka

Reaction score
drain it...

ok so i drained the lines no more water in the carpets which is great.

changed all fluids too including transfer case oil, engine oil, and transmision oil. making sure last owner didnt leave water in them.

flashing light problem seems to have stop after oil changes.

AC must be losing gas because im feeling it weaker each day will take it to an AC shop to check.

got a question, if i place a direct scape tube, will the sensors go crazy?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you mean by a Direct scape tube?

networka

Reaction score
sorry hehehe

i dont know what happen there my bad hehehe.

i mean taking out the cat and leaving the exhaust system straight, would the sensors go crazy?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The sensors will not read correctly for the rear O2 sensors and will cause a check engine light and will affect the fuel mixture. Even having the ECU remapped, removing the rear O2 sensors from the system(I did this) it still through a check engine code every so often.

networka

Reaction score
would the mixture be more gas than air or more air than gas?
what im trying to ask is if the engine would lose HP? people say that taking out the cat will raise HP im not sure.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Just removing the cats will not raise HP on a standard rover engine. If you were to put in a new cam, shave the heads, and remap the ECU you will get more HP, the CATs will only allow for a little more free flowing exhaust. The main reason to remove CATs is if you are running even slightly rich since the CATs will try to burn the excess fuel and it will eventually cause them to melt down.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA