Electrical issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

So the weather he in Virginia has been snowy and cold as of late. two weeks ago in the snow everything was working fine. Now my rear wiper, trailer lights and side power adjustable mirrors are all not working. I do know that the wiper was left on while the truck was off and froze to the window two weeks ago. could this have caused this problem? Could I have lost a ground? or is there a relay or fuse located somewhere that has to due with all of the non working items. I have checked all of the fuses under the hood and below the steering wheel access, nothing was blown. :stupid: I am at a loss.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Thats an odd combo of failures... If you know they all failed the same day I would say fuse, but since trailer lights and rear tail lights are powered by the same electrics, not sure about the rear wiper and/or how the power is ran. Adjustable mirrors are on a different circuit if I recall correctly. But it has been a while.

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indeed Joey it is a strange combo of failures:stupid:. I know they all happened after the snow. and my first thought was fuse, but they were all good and I still replaced them just to be sure. I am wondering if they all share a common ground. other wise I just have bad luck :hmpf:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't imagine the rear wiper and the mirrors having a common ground... Might be common spot on the ECU board though...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut