I have no idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ladiesman1

Reaction score
Ok so my disco has been acting real funny when I start it in the morning it fires right up but then it like lags almost to the point were its going to turn off sometimes it does, now when I hit the gas it will almost always shut off but if I hit it quick and release before it shots off it will jump rpm. And when I'm driving I can only go to 30 mph then it will lag and I can push the gas and nothing will happen then when I let go of the gas it jumps. Please help!!!!!!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
How many miles, what version of disco? Maintenance history (spark plugs, oil, air filter (type of air filter), type of fuel you're using).

Has the fuel pump ever been changed, MAF sensor cleaned, fuel filter if a D1?

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get codes read - if any

Get codes read to see what your issue is. I bought a i930 carsoft reader specifically for Landrovers and Jaguars and its pretty amazing for $140. It pinpoints your exact issues and doesn't just give you generic codes. Turns off abs lights and gives you real live data as well.

Ladiesman1

Reaction score
I have 120000 disco ll changed spark plugs and wires and the mass air flow sensor with no success I'm really not ready financially to purchase a fuel pump min price is 500 I put full synthetic oil and I have a spectre air filter and I put the highest grade of gas every time

Ladiesman1

Reaction score
Get codes read to see what your issue is. I bought a i930 carsoft reader specifically for Landrovers and Jaguars and its pretty amazing for $140. It pinpoints your exact issues and doesn't just give you generic codes. Turns off abs lights and gives you real live data as well.
I'ma look around for this product did u buy it online???

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have engine light on your dash? SES?

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had this happen to my D1. was acting sluggish for about a week and then got much worse and then It started making a grinding noise. Turned out to be the Torque Converter :hmpf:

So I am doing a Transmission this weekend yay :ahhhhh:

But I agree with everyone else, Get the codes and start there. Don't have to buy a code reader, got to the auto parts store and they will read the codes for you. It a lot faster and cheaper.

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Atlantic British

I'ma look around for this product did u buy it online???

I bought it at Atlantic British. They'll price match the lowest price. Rovers north sells it too. Check both sites.

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you put the spark plug wires on correctly? Right coil to cylinder?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut