Help please!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jodaaleman27

Reaction score
Hi everyone!! I recently bought a 2005 land rover lr3 v8 and everything was good until I drove for 15 minutes and then lights start appearing!! Brake light and then a dsc light and the hdc fault and the suspencion lowering and the special system off i a ready change the batterie and still the same please healp!!!

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would start with the brake switch. That can cause the "Christmas Tree of Death" you are seeing. It's about $50 from the dealer and very easy to install yourself. Atlantic British also sells the OE part and this aftermarket one:

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/XKB500110

There is also a video at this link on how to change the part.

Last edited:

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the symptoms you described matched the brake switch failure exactly. That would have been the inexpensive problem to fix.

Next step is to take your LR3 to a dealer or a good indy mechanic with LR experience to pull some codes.

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any of your rear brake light out? Do you have a code reader?

Jodaaleman27

Reaction score
No but I recently changed the bulbs and I got a code reader but doesn't show up any code and I check the battery and it looks like it's not the recommended for the truck so i going to replace it tomorrow and see what happens

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you replaced the rear brake light bulbs, did you use oems? If you used aftermarkets, than there is your possible problem. Its weird but the LR3's are real finicky about using aftermarket brake bulbs and will throw all sorts of suspension, dsc, etc faults.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA