LR4 Landmark wheels and tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thought, but you're both wrong. :biggrin:
Bought new sensors for the LR4. Never had them on the LR3

So the tire shop said they did whatever they did with their little computer and 'saw' that the sensors themselves were operable. They said if I bought the wrong frequency or something was wrong with them it would have shown up. I've driven about 100 miles including 30 straight on the highway and they are still on. There is a recall for TPMS modules from 9/13 into 2014 for some LR4s and RRs, but mine isn't one of them. Maybe I just have to be patient?

I guess next step is to put the original tires and TPMS on it and see if everything works....

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thought, but you're both wrong. :biggrin:
Bought new sensors for the LR4. Never had them on the LR3

So the tire shop said they did whatever they did with their little computer and 'saw' that the sensors themselves were operable. They said if I bought the wrong frequency or something was wrong with them it would have shown up. I've driven about 100 miles including 30 straight on the highway and they are still on. There is a recall for TPMS modules from 9/13 into 2014 for some LR4s and RRs, but mine isn't one of them. Maybe I just have to be patient?

I guess next step is to put the original tires and TPMS on it and see if everything works....

My step with Compos was to simply not put TPMS sensors in the new wheels and disable with IID Tool. TPMS sensors are pointless, but gov mandated for all new vehicles. If you can't tell you have a flat with big off-road tires, I don't know what to tell you.

(Sorry, I know this doesn't help your situation) :cool:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was under the assumption that the IIDTool wouldn't do that. It does? That'd be easiest because I don't care if I have them or not either, just didn't want to look at the warning light for the next 10 years.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup the IIDtool will disable the TPMS.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting update: The place where I got the sensors told me that they've been having 'problems' with the model they sent me with my vehicle, so they will send out OEM ones and pay to have them tires remounted. Nice to see good service these days!

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Hey there,
That grey LR4 looks very cool with both the LR3 rims and BFG tires..! Also just added a set of BFG TA KO2 to my G500.. see below..

If anyone is interested, I have a set of four (4) 18" LR3 block-style, 10 spoke rims in absolute mint condition for sale. They are like new and include the TPMS. If interested, rate is $150 each plus shipping from S.FL. Send me a PM and Ill get a ship quote for you. I have a post in the sale section... In the past, I've sold a few sets to LR4 owners and only step is to include spacers, dont quote me but I think its 30mm. You'll want to confirm that yourself..
Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_0626.jpg
    IMG_0626.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

JustinH

Reaction score
Hey Roverman, your rig looks great!! Do you get any rubbing with the 265/60s as a result of the spacers?

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the Compos and use the factory TPMS sensors without issue. The light doesn't come on until around 35PSI and I run 47PSI on the road and 25PSI off. So the light's on off road and not when I'm on pavement

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Roverman, your rig looks great!! Do you get any rubbing with the 265/60s as a result of the spacers?

PM sent back.
Thank you very much. No rubbing (yet), I don't see that it will. Others have used the 265/65 which is a full inch bigger and had only minor rubbing so I think I'm good. Had to file down one caliper a little bit, now it's good to go. --- other than the TPMS not working...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72