Changed Side Vents to Black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ANGLR4

Reaction score
Late post:
How do you remove the side vents so I can paint mine?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Late post:
How do you remove the side vents so I can paint mine?
It's a bit annoying, but I found if you use a credit card toward the bottom and sad and then stick the tip of your fingers in and pry it out, that's the best way. You do need to pull fairly hard to pop it out. It almost feels as though you will break the clips, but it should be fine.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understatement there! It was a royal pain in the ass for mine. I used the same credit card method and yet still had bloody fingers and thought I was going to break something. They are tough as nails to remove, but snap back in easy and quick.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understatement there! It was a royal pain in the ass for mine. I used the same credit card method and yet still had bloody fingers and thought I was going to break something. They are tough as nails to remove, but snap back in easy and quick.
I tried not to scare him too much - hehe! :)

But, yes, he is right - they are really annoying to remove. I also sliced my finger at the nail base and swore a lot. It also feels like they break when you remove them.

ANGLR4

Reaction score
Thanks guys! My motto: The worst I can do is break it.
I modified your directions and slid a long standard screwdriver in the slot where the hood hinges are located. Gently pushed on the tabs and it popped right out.
I do have a new question though. When I looked down in the negative space once occupied by the vent cover, I noticed a large piece of foam in a plastic bag protruding from the inner wall by the lower glove box. Here is a picture looking down the hole. Any idea what it is?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 57

Jonty25252

Reaction score
David I Like your choice. It Looks Awesome , Nice Color you choose therefore it is so attractive look. According to me everything is good.

sgh71

Reaction score
I did the same modification but had them painted with factory paint and it looks great! wife would not like the plastidip flat look. I need to upload some pics with the Yakima loadW and lights

Jonty25252

Reaction score
Looking Great ... Awesome Choice and Creativity, I likes it very much. Minor change gives great look.
Well Done Work :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut