Changed Side Vents to Black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I removed my side vents and replaced them with the OEM black side vents. My wheels are still holding up pretty well from when I PlastiDipped them a few weeks ago - but are still a bit dirty from off roading.

I am having my wheels powder coated next Friday, so the vent is going to look great... I love it in black!

Now I will likely paint my front grill black. What do you guys think?

-David

photo-1.jpg

photo1.jpg

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to belive that such a simple change makes such a big difference. looks great!

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they gloss black? I think if you did the grill and side vents in matte/satin, it would match the other trim better...

It's interesting about the plasti-dip holding the dirt -makes sense- certainly none of the X5 guys were/are going any where near any dirt, so I had never heard of that problem...

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I ordered side vents and front grill in black. We will see when they come in. Did you install the vents yourself?

grizzld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they gloss black? I think if you did the grill and side vents in matte/satin, it would match the other trim better...

It's interesting about the plasti-dip holding the dirt -makes sense- certainly none of the X5 guys were/are going any where near any dirt, so I had never heard of that problem...

I agree with this—everything in matte/satin black would look awesome!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I ordered side vents and front grill in black. We will see when they come in. Did you install the vents yourself?
Yes, I installed them myself. When they come in, let me know....

Where did you order your grill?

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can LR3' vent be stalled in LR4? I love the clean look of LR3 one.

EDIT: Wait a min, what would i do for the other side as LR3 had the vent only on one side. Oh well...

Last edited:

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks great David! You should do the grill also. I take it you are keeping the LR4 once the lease runs out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut