Changed Side Vents to Black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks great David! You should do the grill also. I take it you are keeping the LR4 once the lease runs out.

If he isnt, there is going to be a long queue for all of his mods!

Looks great, how much were the side vents...and grill?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks great David! You should do the grill also. I take it you are keeping the LR4 once the lease runs out.
I am still not sure, but will not be getting rid of it until next summer (late) or early Fall anyway and I got a GREAT price on the wheels and vent. I am going to paint the grill as well. I talked to the guys at Land Rover and they said I could absolutely do these modifications, even if it's a lease, as long as they are done tastefully. In fact, my dealer told me that they are even willing to give me some credits and switch out my wheels (for a wheel credit) when/if I turn it in and get a new one. My sales guy told me that lots of people add accessories or powder coat the wheels, it only makes it more lucrative for them as people love the modifications and lease turn-ins are very popular. So, either way I continue my cheap modifications! :)

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only car I ever leased was an '08 Jaguar XKR coupe and it had really ugly silver upper and lower grills, which I had painted "trim" black (satin). The car was basically Indus silver and the back grills looked great. The lease company never even noticed. Funny, the following year they started putting black grills on some of the models.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only car I ever leased was an '08 Jaguar XKR coupe and it had really ugly silver upper and lower grills, which I had painted "trim" black (satin). The car was basically Indus silver and the back grills looked great. The lease company never even noticed. Funny, the following year they started putting black grills on some of the models.
I think as long as the modifications are tactful and make the car nicer - they don't care - especially with Land Rover which has such a "modification" culture in some ways. I know the LR3s and LR4s at my dealership get snatched up quick when they have a lot of accessories. The good thing about painting my trim matte/satin black and doing my wheels is that the 2013 LR4s have the black pack.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up the vents and grill. Now to get home and install. It feels like Xmas!

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the before pics

Attachments

• IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0829.jpg
    689 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0830.jpg
    IMG_0830.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and the after pics....

And yes, I know its dirty, but oh well....

Attachments

• IMG_0831.jpg
    IMG_0831.jpg
    1,012.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0832.jpg
    IMG_0832.jpg
    661.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0833.jpg
    IMG_0833.jpg
    699.5 KB · Views: 55

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and the after pics....

And yes, I know its dirty, but oh well....
Hi Kaaae,

I LOVE it - the black vents and front grill look awesome!

I am excited to do mine - well, paint my grill. I am getting my wheels done on Friday, so going to try to match that color as best I can.

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Depending on how my wheels look tomorrow and the level of "satin", I might sell my new black satin vents. If they match my wheels, then I will keep them, otherwise I plan to paint my original silver ones to match the wheels. They are doing a matte finish with like a 30% satin - he said that looks great.

I will keep you guys posted, but if anyone is interested in black side vents (brand new), let me know. I paid like $150.00, but will sell much cheaper.

I'll let you know tomorrow for sure...

-David

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV