Increase mileage on LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wiring loom itself weighs over 300 lbs!

DefenderFanCA

Reaction score
You already have a magic truck if you get 16mpg. Don't touch anything - you might dispel the sorcery! I get exactly 14, all the time.

Of course, I would rather get 14mpg in an LR3 than 40 in a Toyota Prius.

Had dinner with a business associate the other night. Somehow the subject of Land Rovers came up. Turns out he had owned at various times a Series IIa, a RR County, and a Defender 110. Land Rover was all we talked about for three hours and twice as many drinks. I defy anyone to talk about their Prius for more than 2 minutes before people start falling out of their chairs and hitting the floor with a dull, wet smack from the boredom.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I defy anyone to talk about their Prius for more than 2 minutes before people start falling out of their chairs and hitting the floor with a dull, wet smack from the boredom.

LOL, I just about spewed coffee out my nose reading this. I love it!

Reaction score
Unless......

Unless they are talking about having *** in their Prius. Ooops, sorry that only works if it's a couple of midgets (I mean "little people"). Hell, in the back of my LR3 I can have a full-on **** if I fold down the seats and open the rear hatch!

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please keep your hatch closed on this forum Mister!

normal_D3%20Bed.JPG

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inflatable, like you're....oh never mind.

I think it's a Twin size mattress

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take out all the seats except for the driver's. Remove the heavy plastic interior door panels and sound insulation. Replace all windows except the windshield with Lexan. Go on a diet.

Other quirky suggestions, replace wheels with 15 inch jobbies, use a canvas seat for the driver's seat, take out the AC and most of the stereo system components, get rid of the spare and jack, etc. . . . The list is endless :biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA