Black dust around breakpads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aabdulla1

Reaction score
A friend saw my LR4 2013, and commented that orininal dealer Break pads should not produce black dust around the tirees.

I wonder if any one can confirm that this is a sign of using counterfit or non-standard pads?

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Yes, brake dust is totally normal. Your friend is clueless and apparently has never owned any European vehicle. Every Audi, BMW & Mercedes produce lots of brake dust as well.

Wash the wheels and apply a good coat of wax. It will make it easier to remove brake dust and protect the wheels as well.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To get rid of your brake dust consider using real good quality ceramic pads like Akebono, they normally last longer, make little or no dust and, last longer and stop faster.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only brakes that I know of that do not produce dust are full Carbon Ceramic Brake systems (rotors, etc). These are hugely expensive. ($8k-$9k on BMW sedans) They can last for upwards of 100k miles and have incredible stopping power, but the no brake dust is a huge bonus.

No LR vehicle comes with CCB.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get different color wheels. :wink::wink:
My compomitive wheels are anthracite grey and break dust is almost invisible on them.
I would advise to use "klasse all-in-one" to protect the wheel finish. I did it in the past and all the break dust from my land rover and audi ( even wore)comes out very easily during regular washing.

aabdulla1

Reaction score
Thank you all for sharing your experience.

Now i have one less thing to worry about!!:biggrin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV