Skid Plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the front guard the bigger piece the back holes don't quite fit must drill or cut to fit. And the front one I might have to cut the plastic to make it fit completely. Still haven't put them on cuz I'm doing the bushings tomorrow

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I had no such fitting issues with the Asfir sump guard on my 2013 LR4, it was a bit of a pain but all bolt holes in both large bottom and smaller front skid guards lined up just fine with those on the chassis, after removing the thin factory plates. Also, no plastic cutting was required on the front bumper. Obviously the tow ring cover needs to be permanently removed prior to installation, and I also got rid of the two useless, small "spoilers" in front of the wheels - although the Asfir plate has got cutouts for them if you want to keep them IIRC. When I was done, the front edge of the guard was perhaps a 1/4" away from the bumper - there is a strip of insulation foam pre-applied by Asfir on that edge for such a reason.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mmmm I bolted the middle ones first since I was doing it alone and the back holes didn't aligned quite right its maybe a 1/8 to a 1/4 of an inch off and I will need to cut a 1 quare inch part that comes in contact with the exhaust. On the gear skid the middle holes you can't even bolt on with the supplied hardware they are too short but its still rock solid. uploadfromtaptalk1410394257008.jpg

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mmmm I bolted the middle ones first since I was doing it alone and the back holes didn't aligned quite right its maybe a 1/8 to a 1/4 of an inch off and I will need to cut a 1 quare inch part that comes in contact with the exhaust. On the gear skid the middle holes you can't even bolt on with the supplied hardware they are too short but its still rock solid.View attachment 4675

What year is your LR4?

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any differences between 2011 and 2013 which could be responsible for fittment issue? Umberto did not have problems on 2013. Or is it Asfir's quality control ? I received an email from Asfir confirming that part # 539055 would fit 2013 LR4.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its probably quality control. I read somewhere that's why people stop being a distribution for them. Beside if you can screw a light bulb you can figure out how to put on my skid plate its nothing mayor just not a perfect fit

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much was shipping? I'm thinking of adding the rear differential skid.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've just ordered it.
$325 for a front skid plate plus $209 for shipping. ( $534 total :ahhhhh: ).
I hope there will be no fitment issues.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've just ordered it.
$325 for a front skid plate plus $209 for shipping. ( $534 total :ahhhhh: ).
I hope there will be no fitment issues.

Let us know, I may actually do this if you have good luck with it, but that shipping!!! ouch.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut