LR4 reliability - let's get better info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've updated our reliability stats for the LR4 / Discovery to include owner experiences through September 30, 2013.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2011 LR4 / Discovery: 63, moderate, small sample size
2010 LR4 / Discovery: 61, moderate

We'll have further updates in February and in May. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Land Rover LR4 / Discovery reliability ratings and comparisons

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've updated our reliability stats for the LR4 / Discovery to include owner experiences through December 31, 2013.

2011 LR4 / Discovery: 66, high, small sample size
2010 LR4 / Discovery: 41, moderate

We'll have further updates in May and in August. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

To see the repairs behind these stats, and to sign up to help improve this information:

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our reliability stats for the LR4 / Discovery now include owner experiences through March 31, 2014, making them nearly a year ahead of other sources.

2011 LR4 / Discovery: 33, low, small sample size
2010 LR4 / Discovery: 85, high, small sample size

Thank you, once again, everyone who has been helping. Next update in August.

For a deeper dive, including the stats for other cars and repair descriptions, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant wait to add my MY14 LR4 Oil Cooler failure at mileage 3475!!! I stumbled upon your site a few weeks ago while researching my truck issues. Just now found this thread while I was updating my Oil Leak thread....

Thanks MKARESH.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will need to add my AC and Steering issues as well!

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. We do need more owners involved.

One note: it's possible to report problems that appeared before you joined, but these won't affect the stats. For your entire experience to be reflected in our stats, join as early as possible (though certainly better late than never).

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've updated our reliability stats for the LR4 / Discovery to include owner experiences through June 30, 2014 (making them about 14 months ahead of some others).

2011 LR4 / Discovery: 9, low, small sample size
2010 LR4 / Discovery: 89, high

Next updates in November and in February. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For repair descriptions, the stats of other cars, and to sign up to help improve this information:

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've updated our reliability stats for the LR4 / Discovery to include owner experiences through September 30, 2014.

2012 LR4 / Discovery: 53, moderate, very small sample size
2011 LR4 / Discovery: 9, low, small sample size
2010 LR4 / Discovery: 68, high

Additional participants always helpful (especially if you see "small sample size" next to the year, or no stat at all).

To view the repairs behind these numbers, check the stats for other cars, and sign up to help improve this information (next update in February):

jtharmon

Reaction score
No problems. 2 yrs on 2011 lr4 bought new. 2 years almost on a 2013 lr4. Bout to trade to get the 2015 lr4 lux

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rovers have clearly improved, especially during the first 2-3 years of ownership.

Additional participants would be very helpful. If you're reading this, but haven't been participating, I hope you'll consider it.

www.truedelta.com/join

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut