Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. It is time for me to come clean and admit that I am a wuss. :frown:

Ouray is awesome and I'm thoroughly enjoyed driving the LR4 there the past couple days. But I freak when it comes to narrow shelf roads. I applaud you guys who can do it. I don't seem to have an issue with narrow roads where the shelf isn't severe or if there is no one coming the other way. But I can't imagine doing Black Bear Pass (which was closed for repairs as it is in pretty rough shape and a Jeep rolled down it this weekend) or Imogene. We did Ophir but only the east side as I didn't want to deal with the narrow shelf road on the west side.

But we did find another wonderful road that parallels a section of Highway 550 between Ouray and Silverton. Awesome views across the valley at the mountains on the other side. Narrow and steep in some areas but easily doable. Brooklyn Road ( southern portion of the Red Mountain Mining Area trail in the Funtreks book).

Below is one pic from the top of Ophir Pass. The others are from Brooklyn Road. One of these is from the top where an old-ish Defender was parked. Colorado license. Looked like it might be someone from the Grand Junction area. Camel Trophy sticker on it. The driver was off hiking or climbing somewhere. In the other pic you can see, in the distance, what I believe are Ophir and Black Bear passes as they climb up from Highway 550.

Awesome pics! We did Moab last year and want to do Ouray next.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red River, NM

Alone in the wilderness

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 61

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same spot

And yes, both front wheel center caps decided that they should have a life of their own!!

image.jpg

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great view Axel... Waiting to see when life will allow me a cross country road trip.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great view Axel... Waiting to see when life will allow me a cross country road trip.

Definitely. It's beautiful here. I've been around the whole country a few times and it's difficult to beat the scenery around here.
I believe the TAT is not too far either...

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love your rig! Can I ask how you went about the LED light mounts through the front grille?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV